Recaptcha surrogate script

Proposals for new surrogate scripts, updates/bug fixes to existing ones, tips and tricks to work around the lazy web.
ozjuggler

Recaptcha surrogate script

Post by ozjuggler »

Hello all,
I have a suggestion for a new surrogate script which allows sites that load Google's Recaptcha code to still work while blocking Google.com.
The sources and replacements settings have been pasted here: http://pastebin.com/RqBma0UZ
They are:

Code: Select all

noscript.surrogate.gcaptcha.replacement :        Recaptcha = {create:function(a,b,c){return "Yes";}};
noscript.surrogate.gcaptcha.sources     :        *www.google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha_ajax.js 
This has been tested only on the imgur.com login and seems to work.
Well it works until you get the password wrong too many times, at which point you will have to use their Captcha to re-establish that you have more humanity than Google. ;)

Hopefully someone else out there finds this a nice addition to their NoScript ammunition.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
shirish

Re: Recaptcha surrogate script

Post by shirish »

It doesn't work in Mozilla Firefox 31.0.2 and NoScript 2.6.9.2 :( I tried and don't get the recaptcha :(
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0 Iceweasel/31.1.0
ozjuggler

Re: Recaptcha surrogate script

Post by ozjuggler »

shirish wrote:It doesn't work in Mozilla Firefox 31.0.2 and NoScript 2.6.9.2 :(
I was certainly using the same version of NoScript as you have. I was using FF 26, not 31, however I do not think the FF version will make any difference.
shirish wrote:I tried and don't get the recaptcha :(
Congratulations, the surrogate works exactly as intended. :) If you are blocking google then of course Recaptcha must also be blocked because it is a Google script.
The whole purpose of the surrogate script is to allow the rest of the scripts on the web page to run without crashing even while Recaptcha is blocked.
So what you saw was not an error, that's the intended effect. Of course if you don't want to block Recaptcha then don't block google.com.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0