NSA 3.0a3 Does Not Invoke on Fx 5.0 Mobile

Android-specific support, bug reports and feature requests.
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: NSA 3.0a3 Does Not Invoke on Fx 5.0 Mobile

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Thrawn wrote:
GµårÐïåñ wrote:
Thrawn wrote::D Spammer got you.
Try NSA++ on the nigthly yet? Since you are using your FROYO to post. I have been trying to go back and forth with Giorgio and debugging mostly GUI issues a the moment. If you have root screenshot capability, you can help.
Sadly, I can't. It's an ARMv6 device, so it can't use regular Fx. There are some unstable nightlies for ARM6, but being nightlies, they use the Android-native interface.
GµårÐïåñ is correct, NSA++ is the experimental android-native build :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

Ooh! I hadn't touched my Nightly installation for a while, because it was unstable, but I'm updating to v19 now :). Thanks for the heads-up!

I don't have root access, though; will have to track down some instructions on this. I've been meaning to, just haven't needed it.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

OK, I'm running Fennec 19.0a1 and latest NSA++ :).

Initial observation is that I can't tell how I'm supposed to interact with NoScript on the page. There's an icon, which unfortunately grows to massive proportions when I zoom in on the page, and when tapped, it brings up a box showing the current site and icon (in this case, informaction . com and the blue S indicating 'all scripts allowed on this page'). But then what? Tapping on that box doesn't seem to do anything.

Update: Have now tried StartPage (startpage . com), and tapping on the icon in the box allows me to cycle between default, trusted, and untrusted. Not bad. No sign of temporary permissions, but I can live without them.

What kinds of issues need investigation?
======
Thrawn
------------

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Rooted phones = easier screenshots, BUT, I have instructions on how to do it on a non-root phone using adb but its messy and requires a lot of command line which many can't handle. Let me know if you want it or need it. For me it has become so second nature (I have two devices, one rooted, easy peasy, the other is not rooted, so the hard way) that it doesn't bother me. But some take one look and go :shock: hell no.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (world is a vampire) Gecko/99999999 (browsers are zombies) AntidoteXXX (users are the virus)
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

Hmm. I was thinking of getting root access anyway, so I may as well do that. Any tutorials you recommend?

Thus far, the things that have stuck out to me are:
  • The NS icon resizes with the page, so when I zoom in (necessary on my low-res screen), it quickly fills the screen.
  • When I tap the NS icon and get the permission selector dialog, I can't close it using my phone's 'Back' button; I have to tap the icon again instead. No big deal, but different to the intuitive behavior. Not sure whether this can be easily fixed, given how hard it was to have any icon at all...
======
Thrawn
------------

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Yeah I noticed those too and since they are inject HTML5 overlay there was an issue, I told him about it, and he fixed it so now it scales with the page, still not native but the best we got to work with.

As for rooting your phone, depends on what phone, which provider and if they provide rooting or not. Otherwise, its kitchen time and you need to hit xda forum to look for the specifics of your phone model and the how-to. You'll find me there too, although not as much recently.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0