[RESOLVED] Blocked media placeholder not appearing when opened in new tabs

Android-specific support, bug reports and feature requests.
Feeling Good

[RESOLVED] Blocked media placeholder not appearing when opened in new tabs

Post by Feeling Good »

The placeholder appears and works fine on the original page/tab the media is attached to, but I like to open a video in a separate tab before I have NoScript temporarily allow the blocked object, so I'll long press on the placeholder and open the link in a separate tab. When the new tab loads, there is an empty player, as the media is still blocked, but no placeholder to let me unblock it. The NoScript menu icon, as it appears in the FireFox ··· menu, just displays a question mark on the S and the version number. If I tap the icon, I get the menu to allow domains, but that's not the same as the placeholder menu, which lets you temporarily allow individual objects/media.

It seems to be directly tied to opening it in a new tab, as the few sites that have a download button that links you directly to the video source aren't affected, as long as it's not launched in a separate tab. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling NoScript. I would try all of the general troubleshooting tips, but I'm not sure how many of them apply to Android FireFox anymore, as profiles don't work the same way (can't backup and import FireFox profiles on Android as far as I can tell), and they won't even let you use the about:config. Plus, I have NoScript and FireFox on two separate Android devices (one Android 7 and one Android 9), and both started experiencing this issue at the same time, within the past week or so. I'm using NoScript version 11.2.14 on FireFox 95.2.0. It's not a huge deal bug, more of a pet peeve to me, but I appreciate your time either way.
Last edited by Feeling Good on Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Android 7.0; Mobile; rv:95.0) Gecko/95.0 Firefox/95.0
Feeling Good

Re: Blocked media placeholder not appearing when opened in new tabs

Post by Feeling Good »

Yesterday's update (11.3.3) fixed it, thank you so much! I also just realized that I've been using NoScript for almost 10 years now, so thank you for continuing to make the highest quality software I've ever seen.
Mozilla/5.0 (Android 7.0; Mobile; rv:95.0) Gecko/95.0 Firefox/95.0