Discsussion of referral programs for third-party products

The battleground for flame wars, off-topic derailments and spurious madness.
dhouwn
Bug Buster

Re: Review of the Top Picks in 2012 0-Day Benchmarks

Post by dhouwn »

Accusation of what? Like I said before it's something that would have been fine according to the forum rules and me, everyone can open such a thread, this wouldn't be an abuse of a trusted position.

But let's see how I might have phrased it differently:
me in alternative universe wrote:Is that a referral link? Oh yes according to http://www.emsisoft.com/en/kb/articles/tec111020/ it is. How did that get there?
Anyway, seems like through the referral program one can get his/her trial extended or even the whole product for free.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

At this point, I think that most of this thread should move to Ragnarok, maybe starting from Guardian's original reply to dhouwn (but with an explanatory comment left behind).

Tom, do you want to make a call on that?
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

Thrawn wrote:At this point, I think that most of this thread should move to Ragnarok, maybe starting from Guardian's original reply to dhouwn (but with an explanatory comment left behind).

Tom, do you want to make a call on that?
Yes, I agree fully. It went completely off-topic into trying to read the minds of the respective posters. Will do.

And can we also toss everything except the product's possible merits into the trashbin of "Ancient History"? :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:15.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1