thread hijacking split from t=26067

The battleground for flame wars, off-topic derailments and spurious madness.
GloriaH

thread hijacking split from t=26067

Post by GloriaH »

I have been having increasing problems with NoScript, which all disappear when I disable. But this morning, it has gone NUTS!

I go through a routine every morning updating a website. Same process every day. One of the steps is, I group together files in a directory and code their names into an html file. Before I use ftp to upload to my website, I open the html file and click on each link to those files to error check. This morning, I got error message every time I clicked on a filename to open! I had to turn off NoScript to get it working.
"(local filename) part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read."
and it tries to make me save the file, which is already saved - it seems to think I'm downloading a file, even though it's in my local directory on my own hard drive!

Nothing has changed on my computer, because I have Firefox updates disabled (using 65.0), also disabled updating for everything else, using Windows 7 still. I am a stickler for controlling what happens on my own machine, and not get 'pushed' by software downloads.

The only thing I can't control is the NoScript updates. Shows I am running 11.0.38.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
barbaz

Re: thread hijacking split from t=26067

Post by barbaz »

None of this has anything to do with the OP's problem. Per Forum Rules #7, please start new thread for different issues, don't hijack existing threads.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-