split from t=24286

The battleground for flame wars, off-topic derailments and spurious madness.
nurmo

split from t=24286

Post by nurmo »

Hi. I apologize for writing post by post, but I forgot to mention, that "Needed websites" (see 1.st post) should be marked as DEFAULT, of course with all mentioned (checked) options. Unfortunately, "[]script" option is needed for youtube.com website to work properly. At least in my tests. Anyway I hope, that in the future releases of v10, it will be possible to block scripts, just as it was in NoScript v5.

Thank you and I'm sorry.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
barbaz

Re: NoScript v10: a proper, working options and settings for

Post by barbaz »

Dangerous and misleading advice. Setting permissions for Default sets permissions for EVERY unknown site. Allowing scripts for Default is the equivalent of NoScript 5.x "Allow Scripts Globally (dangerous)".

Better set the needed sites to Trusted or Custom instead of playing with Default.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
nurmo

Post by nurmo »

Hi barbaz. Thank You for an answer and suggestions. As I already wrote: I don't know if this thread is a good idea. However, with mentioned settings: set DEFAULT only for two websites: youtube.com and googlevideo.com and the rest to UNTRUSTED, allows youtube to works OK. And if it's about allowing script -- I've mentioned, that youtube is not working without this option.

You've mentioned: Trusted or Custom, right? Could You write how to proper use these settings if it's e.g. about youtube? Are you making any changes in Custom etc.?

(However, if for You this thread is bad and not necessary, please close it.)

Thanks.
nurmo

Post by nurmo »

One more thing, barbaz: if 1.st post is "dangerous and" contains "misleading advice", then please edit and change or remove everything, because I can not do this as a guest.

By the way: now, for youtube.com, I'm using TRUSTED option (mainly, because of a script) but without: [ ]media, [ ]font and [ ]webgl. I think, that less is better. One question: what should I do with a little clock (it shows "Temporaily allow (TRUSTED)"?): if I click on it, then youtube settings will become permanent and it could be checked e.g. in NoScript Options? And if I will not click on a clock, then after e.g. Firefox restart, everything will be return to normal settings? (All options will be checked?)

I'm asking about clock, settings etc., because I'd unchecked a couple of a default TRUSTED options (see above).

Thanks.