split from t=23173

The battleground for flame wars, off-topic derailments and spurious madness.
Zeebles

split from t=23173

Post by Zeebles »

Your BBCode implementation is broken.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
none

"style" is not a tag.

Post by none »

Zeebles wrote:Your BBCode implementation is broken.
It's not, though. bbcode
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0

Re: "style" is not a tag.

Post by Guest »

none wrote:
Zeebles wrote:Your BBCode implementation is broken.
It's not, though.
According to the BBCode horse's mouth, it is:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... nsChM00abM

Meanwhile, I'm well aware of the various excuses that have been made for the missing NoScript. I'm just not buying them. I want an honest answer right now: Is it vaporware or is there really a NoScript 10? And if the latter, where can I download it IMMEDIATELY? The release notes for the past several updates had mentioned people using a beta version with beta versions of Firefox 57, so unless those release notes contained outright lies, there exists a beta NoScript version that's compatible with Firefox 57. Link me to it. If that has not occurred within four (4) hours it will be taken as your tacit admission that a) the release notes mentioned above were outright lies, b) both promised release dates (last week and YESTERDAY) were also outright lies and not "honest mistakes", and c) I need to find another script blocker, and possibly (hopefully not) another browser too (are there even any with ad blockers?)
barbaz

Re: Firefox 57 and NoScript

Post by barbaz »

The discussion about BBCode is off-topic, kindly take it elsewhere.
Guest wrote:c) I need to find another script blocker, and possibly (hopefully not) another browser too (are there even any with ad blockers?)
Guest, go find another script blocker. As for browsers with ad blockers, I've heard that Google Chrome will have one built in.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Zeebles

Post by Zeebles »

And now your broken forum software is a) reverting the name field to Guest randomly at times and b) changing links (e.g. my pasted-in link to bbcode.org) to some kind of long Google shit.

Google "bbcode font size" though and the first link is the bbcode.org site and says your forum software's implementation of bbcode is broken.
Bign

Post by Bign »

c) I need to find another script blocker, and possibly (hopefully not) another browser too (are there even any with ad blockers?)
The web browser named Brave does have ad blocker in it. Forget what it is based on.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Re: split from t=23173

Post by barbaz »

Zeebles received an official warning for ignoring moderation and for the attitude in their posts above.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-