troll & replies - split from t=23173

The battleground for flame wars, off-topic derailments and spurious madness.
warblerduck2

troll & replies - split from t=23173

Post by warblerduck2 »

Disappointing to find after updating to ff57 that noscript is not supported at launch.

I am very disappointed after contributing financially over many years to support this project.

I can't see any reason other than apathy since the ff57 build has been available for a considerable time.

I guess the developer is no longer interested and that makes me very sad.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
wtf

Re: Firefox 57 and NoScript

Post by wtf »

warblerduck2 wrote:Disappointing to find after updating to ff57 that noscript is not supported at launch.

I am very disappointed after contributing financially over many years to support this project.

I can't see any reason other than apathy since the ff57 build has been available for a considerable time.

I guess the developer is no longer interested and that makes me very sad.
WTF
https://noscript.net/

2017-11-14: We're working hard to make NoScript for Quantum available to you as soon as possible, even later today if we're lucky enough, and definitely by the end of this week.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Linux x86_64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: troll & reply - split from t=23173

Post by Thrawn »

warblerduck2 wrote: I can't see any reason other than apathy since the ff57 build has been available for a considerable time.
Don't blame developers for this. Firefox 57 builds may have been around in some fashion, but the APIs have not been adequate, even leaving aside the effort to actually rewrite the whole extension to use them, and Firefox 57 still won't be good enough to port NoScript fully.

Yes, there has been mismanagement here, but from Mozilla, not from Giorgio. WebExtensions are not mature enough to be switching off XUL, in my view. Not even close.

(Note that that's my personal view, not the official view of Giorgio or InformAction, but I'm hardly alone.)
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0