split from t=22210

The battleground for flame wars, off-topic derailments and spurious madness.
Internet User

split from t=22210

Post by Internet User »

therube wrote:So does this have anything to do with NoScript?
As in did you disable NoScript restart & confirm that the videos then play as expected?
yes, on a fresh profile with only noscript, this happens, when noscript is disabled it works fine. clearly some odd interaction between noscript, mime types, and possibly e10s.
barbaz wrote:Most of the users on this forum don't have e10s enabled. Did you really think that so many people would use a browser that performs like a pig?
that doesn't make my statement any less true and you are being pedantic, e10s is a very good.

can you try to see if disabling e10s allows videos to work with noscript though? because from what I'm seeing, it does sometimes still give the error, but simply refreshing the page allows it to show on 2nd try, which leads me to think it isn't so much e10s but noscript random breakage.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
barbaz

Re: Videos fail to load in Nightly (50.x and 51.x)

Post by barbaz »

Internet User wrote:that doesn't make my statement any less true and you are being pedantic, e10s is a very good.
drivel.
Internet User wrote:can you try to see if disabling e10s allows videos to work with noscript though?
I did, and that worked for me, just like you reported.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Internet User

Post by Internet User »

barbaz wrote: drivel.
e10s makes browser ui animations and scrolling very smooth, not to mention you can't use async-zoom anymore without it. how can you say something that is noticeably smoother is drivel? :roll:
Internet User wrote:I did, and that worked for me, just like you reported.
thanks you for confirming.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Internet User wrote:e10s makes browser ui animations and scrolling very smooth, not to mention you can't use async-zoom anymore without it. how can you say something that is noticeably smoother is drivel? :roll:
Hmm, good question. Well, let's see, what I wrote is this -
barbaz wrote:I can confirm the bug in Dev Edition. Disabling NoScript does get it working.
and this -
barbaz wrote:Most of the users on this forum don't have e10s enabled. Did you really think that so many people would use a browser that performs like a pig?

Let us know if you'd like help getting that working while waiting for this bug to be fixed.
viewtopic.php?p=84604#p84604

Now, what did that do for your bug report? Same thing we do for every other bug report -
viewtopic.php?p=84135#p84135
viewtopic.php?p=82296#p82296
viewtopic.php?p=81932#p81932
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21432

You will notice that we don't like leaving people stranded with NoScript bugs. You will notice that we are confirming the reports and finding work-arounds for the reporter(s) where possible, just as we have tried to do here. Odd that it didn't fly this time. Image

You trying to troll on this forum? Fail.
-
Internet User

Post by Internet User »

barbaz wrote:You trying to troll on this forum? Fail.
how am I trying to "troll this forum" by submitting a fucking bug report and making a valid statement that disabling e10s wouldn't be a good workaround (that I figured out myself I might add) because I would lose performance? you clearly don't know what trolling is if you think that's what I'm doing. no offense truly, but you come off a bit autistic.

I understand that you're trying to help and asked if I wanted assistance, no where in my OP nor my replies did I mention that I needed any assistance, I was merely submitting a bug, and the first reply you make to me with "Did you really think that so many people would use a browser that performs like a pig?" has this sarcastic tone as if I'm some fucking moron for wanting good performance, in fact I didn't read anything after it because I was dumbfounded by this kind of attitude.

then I defend my statement, and you say its "drivel". and now you start with name calling, saying I'm a "troll". that's some quality assistance I'm getting here. honestly, just stop.
barbaz

Re: split from t=22210

Post by barbaz »

Internet User wrote:honestly, just stop.
Agreed, we're done here.

Splitting, binning, and locking this dross.
-