Amazon Abe Recipe?

Discussions about the Application Boundaries Enforcer (ABE) module
Mad_Man_Moon

Amazon Abe Recipe?

Post by Mad_Man_Moon »

Ello

I'm using ABE in a classic situation and currently trying to hone in on a half decent amazon rule so that I can ably use the world's most invasive hypermarket.

Code: Select all

At the moment I'm doing fine with this:
# amazon uk containment rule
# This allows amazon sites only on amazon smile, it's a potential long-un'
Site smile.amazon.co.uk .amazon.co.uk .amazon.com .media-amazon.com .ssl-images-amazon.com .payments-amazon.com .amazon-adsystem.com
Accept from smile.amazon.co.uk .amazon.co.uk .amazon.com
Deny
I'm just teetering on the edge of it being just right, but a few visual elements aren't loading like review stars, etc ... which makes me wonder if I'm breaking more than that.

I've got five of Amazon's ad servers (and that funny one that had a malware a few years back) all fully blocked, and I'm wondering if Amazon are hiding some specific elements on their ad servers, like these.

Setup:
  • Various DNS' tried (UK ISPs, Google 8888, 1111, Smart DNS)
  • All other add-ons and ublock are off
  • Peerblock disabled
  • Hosts empty
I'm not really asking for anyone to do this for me (but if you have a ready made thing you can paste in, then bonza!) but if you can show me a decent way to trouble shoot it, I'd be extremely grateful. Right now I'm floundering with the web console (network), and ublock's logger.

Best
M_M_M

PS - It works in an unrestricted by noscript tab
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:76.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/76.0
barbaz

Re: Amazon Abe Recipe?

Post by barbaz »

This ended up getting resolved during an ongoing PM exchange with me. The solution was to duplicate the Site line in the Accept line, so the rule would look like this -

Code: Select all

# amazon uk containment rule
# This allows amazon sites only on amazon smile, it's a potential long-un'
Site smile.amazon.co.uk .amazon.co.uk .amazon.com .media-amazon.com .ssl-images-amazon.com .payments-amazon.com .amazon-adsystem.com
Accept from smile.amazon.co.uk .amazon.co.uk .amazon.com .media-amazon.com .ssl-images-amazon.com .payments-amazon.com .amazon-adsystem.com
Deny
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-