NoScript 2.6.6- ABE broken in Firefox 10.0.12esr

Discussions about the Application Boundaries Enforcer (ABE) module
FRANK712

NoScript 2.6.6- ABE broken in Firefox 10.0.12esr

Post by FRANK712 »

(spit from: moz-nullprincipal origin for google domains)

Hi,

ALL The ABE rules in new NOSCRIPT 2.6.6 version installed on Firefox 10.0.12esr don't run anymore.

Installing FX12 Fixes the problem.

Downgrading to NOSCRIPT 2.6.5.9 or 2.6.5.8 on Firefox 10.0.12esr Fixes the problem too.

(I know that Firefox 10.0.12esr is outdated but.......... who cares)

Regards.
Mozilla/9.0 Gecko/20110920 Firefox/1.9.9.9
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: NoScript 2.6.6- ABE broken in Firefox 10.0.12esr

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Could you check on http://noscript.net/feed/?t=a which is the latest development build which works correctly?
Which symptoms have you got, exactly?
Does your Error Console (Ctrl+Shift+J) show anything interesting?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
FRANK712

Re: NoScript 2.6.6- ABE broken in Firefox 10.0.12esr

Post by FRANK712 »

Hi GIORGIO, Thanks for your quick reply.

Giorgio Maone wrote:Could you check on http://noscript.net/feed/?t=a which is the latest development build which works correctly?

It seems that last running good is NOSCRIPT 2.6.6rc2, because I've even noted that from NOSCRIPT 2.6.6rc3 You have to force the install with manual downloading the XPI file and fit it in the address bar manually because the addon manager doesn't install it and it still remains 2.6.6rc2 showed in about noscript menu and in about noscript window opened (were is written your name and the Informaction logo) it shows 2.6.6rc3..................but the addons manager shows strangely NOSCRIPT 2.6.6rc1 installed.

Which symptoms have you got, exactly?
Does your Error Console (Ctrl+Shift+J) show anything interesting?[/quote]

Not any particular but:

- Noscript is becomed faster (may be because ABE doesn't work anymore)
- Script blocking works
- Secure cookie management works.
- Ui works
- Blacklisting and whitelistings works

But In the error console no more any ABE logs are present.

As Example all Deny and any other rule doesn't work anymore..........
testing it with basic Deny rule of a specific site as example here:

Site XYZ
Deny

doesn't work at all (It will be simply ignored) like ABE isn't existing or completely disabled which is NOT obviously.

Furthermore if I call for a NOSCRIPT Update it goes to an infinite loop with displaying searching for updates....... and no more other.

And more, if I download the 2.6.6 version from NOSCRIPT site with get it option it will be downloaded but not installed and it shows still NOSCRIPT 2.6.6rc2 showed again in about noscript menu and again in about noscript window opened (were is written your name and the Informaction logo) it shows 2.6.6rc3..................but the addons manager shows again strangely NOSCRIPT 2.6.6rc1 installed.

If I upgrade to FX12 all returns to perfect functionality and runs without quirks.

If i downgrade to NOSCRIPT 2.5.5.8 installed in FX10.0.12esr all things returns to perfect functionality and running without quirks.

*** VERY IMPORTANT Only FX12 hasn't ANY problems with any old or new installed NOSCRIPT version.

Best regards,

FRANK.
Mozilla/9.0 Gecko/20110920 Firefox/1.9.9.9