ABE blocks too frequently and absurdly

Discussions about the Application Boundaries Enforcer (ABE) module
luweitest

ABE blocks too frequently and absurdly

Post by luweitest »

It has been for sometime that ABE blocks too much and very annoying, esp. when click the search result of google, e.g. search "noscript" then click the first result, the page is blocked. Check the error console gives

[ABE] <LOCAL> Deny on {GET http://noscript.net/ <<< http://www.google.com/search?q=noscript - 6}
SYSTEM rule:
Site LOCAL
Accept from LOCAL
Deny

It is driving me crazy. The strange thing is if I visit all pages through a proxy, all is fine. But I don't want to do all things through proxy.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
luweitest

Re: ABE blocks too frequently and absurdly

Post by luweitest »

Seems the forum do not provide email notification. I may not come back to check replies now an then, so please send hints to luweitest at gmail.com, thank you.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

What do your USER rules show?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.18a2
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

Something is wrong with your network setup. ABE thinks that noscript.net is a local address, which isn't normal. Can you open a command prompt and run 'ping noscript.net', then tell us what numbered address it resolves to? For me, it is 82.103.134.102.

@therube: No need, that error message shows that it is the SYSTEM rule that is firing.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

luweitest wrote:Seems the forum do not provide email notification. I may not come back to check replies now an then, so please send hints to luweitest at gmail.com, thank you.
Forum gives email notifications when you are registered. When you post anonymously, how is it supposed to notify you? You will just have to check back on your own or if you can't, then probably don't post and leave.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/25.2.0.0 Safari/537.22
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Thrawn wrote:Something is wrong with your network setup. ABE thinks that noscript.net is a local address, which isn't normal. Can you open a command prompt and run 'ping noscript.net', then tell us what numbered address it resolves to? For me, it is 82.103.134.102.

@therube: No need, that error message shows that it is the SYSTEM rule that is firing.
Agreed, this shows something fundamentally wrong with your network configuration and ABE is rightfully protecting you against local access. If you don't want that protection, then just delete the rule and hope for the best.

Also, agreed - therube, the rule is being fired by SYSTEM, it has nothing to do with USER rules and is irrelevant to this error or issues. Something in the OP's system is causing the traffic to be considered LOCAL which suggests either bad NAT configuration or the user is using their WAN IP as their local IP which means they are directly connected which can also cause this problem.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/25.2.0.0 Safari/537.22