Security at schools, colleges, and other shared facilites

Talk about internet security, computer security, personal security, your social security number...
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Security at schools, colleges, and other shared facilite

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Tom T. wrote:We definitely need to add the tinfoil hat icon to our smiley collection here. Any support for that?
I support that for grins and giggles. However, my intention wasn't to panic or make anyone paranoid. I am just simply saying be aware that out of the obscurity we see, there is a method defining the madness. That's all. If you know the method, you are likely to be in the fringe of the population (using a bell curve) that will not be duped or can cover your tracks better or at least know the limitations and what to expect or even screw with average people (again, not a statement of quality, just a bell curve reference to the middle). It doesn't mean that there are people at each corner trying to snoop on you. But to think there isn't ANY, is just naive and in my opinion foolish. The great wall of China was a great idea for protection but to think it kept everything out is just ignorant. Any defense, or heck even offense, has vulnerabilities, there would be no progress if it was perfect. Look it up and you'll see that PGP was a government military project which later became public, and it was only released when they had a better system so that the "evil" in the world wouldn't be able to encrypt at the same level and make it impossible to snoop on them. There is ALWAYS something better that not all have access to, its a given. The military is on average 10-20 years ahead of the private/public sector technology available. They call it for the sake of national security, but some tin-foil hat folks say its for sake of being nosy, probably some of both. ECHELON, need I say more? and no, I don't mean the public consumption version found here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_%2 ... ligence%29)
Last edited by Tom T. on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: a slight "oops' by my good friend Guradian xD
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

Tinfoil hat icon: Image

Code: Select all

[img]http://camelsnose.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/hat-tin-foil-smiley.gif?w=780[/img]
And of course you're right about the Big Picture.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.24) Gecko/20111103 Firefox/3.6.24
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Sorry, my bad but it wasn't intended to be rude or offensive, its just how the phrase goes and I didn't even think about it after I said it. Also, I think maybe you can split the Tin Foil hat icon portion of this post into Asgard for Giorgio to implement since it might be slightly off topic. You can even include this message if you want, or not, just saying.
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:...Also, I think maybe you can split the Tin Foil hat icon portion of this post into Asgard for Giorgio to implement since it might be slightly off topic. You can even include this message if you want, or not, just saying.
I already intended to post it in Metaforum for everyone to link to, and did intend to suggest that it be added to the default smiley list. Just hadn't gotten to it. Going there right now.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.24) Gecko/20111103 Firefox/3.6.24
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Gotcha, figured you would, but just wanted to say if you wanted to also actually split the posts out of this thread. No biggie ;)