Windows 10

Talk about internet security, computer security, personal security, your social security number...
Peace

Windows 10

Post by Peace »

I am testing windows 10 these days from VirtualBox in host Linux Mint.. I need to be up to date a minimum with the latest windows for the job eventually, we still use 7 until 2020 which is starting to be quite old. Right now there is no network enable in my Virtualbox for my guest 10, and I am surprised I was even able to install the OS from a USB key without any internet access. (Very surprised)

Today I want to find a way to block everything coming out of that OS trough the internet (except firefox), even the daemon that will automatically adjust the clock. Is there an good open source software I can use, perhaps a firewall to block everything by default then I can add some rules manually for specific applications only?. A software with an effective real time monitor so I can see which application is trying to connect the internet too, just for the fun of learning what's truly happening.

A powerful networking funnel and an application that will not be bypassed by the OS.

Thanks!
Computer: i5-8400 - HD Graphics 630 on Asus B360M-A, 16gb ram, Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.3 , Browser Firefox 71.0
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
[User canned by moderator]

Re: Windows 10

Post by [User canned by moderator] »

Did you find a good solution for your needs, Peace? I'd love something like this too. Windows 10 is a menace when it comes to online stuff.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36