Dimmunix vaccine for your in the cloud software!

General discussion about web technology.
luntrus

Dimmunix vaccine for your in the cloud software!

Post by luntrus »

My good forum friends,

There has been a new open software developed that helps "in the cloud" software and protects again deadlock - Over time, programs with such an "immune system" progressively increase their resistance to deadlocks.
It can both be applied with Java and C/C++
So prevent these hangs now: http://dslab.epfl.ch/proj/dimmunix

Would welcome the adapted vaccine.xml to be introduced on a wider scale,

luntrus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.302.3 Safari/532.8
therube
Ambassador

Re: Dimmunix vaccine for your in the cloud software!

Post by therube »

(Heh. Looked at the thread title, said, hum, SPAM, I'll have to delete it. And would have too if I hadn't recognized the poster ;-).)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8pre) Gecko/20100121 SeaMonkey/2.0.3pre
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

Ha, ha. Me too.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6
luntrus

Post by luntrus »

@ the rube @ Alan Baxter,

Well that is a nice thing to do, when some-one tries to start a discussion on a actual security issue.
For those that wanna do something with the following code (work on and save as XML extension - e.g. Vaccine.xml)

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="Dimmunix Vaccine" basedir="." default="run">

<!-- Properties -->

<property name="src.dir" value="src" />
        <property name="build.dir" value="build" />
        <property name="lib.dir" value="lib" />
        <!--<property name="config.dir" value="config" />-->

<path id="classpath">
                <fileset dir="${lib.dir}" includes="**/*.jar" />
                <!--<pathelement location="${config.dir}" /> -->
        </path>

<!-- Targets -->

<target name="compile">
                <mkdir dir="${build.dir}" />
                <javac srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${build.dir}" debug="on" classpathref="classpath" nowarn="on" />
        </target>

<target name="run" depends="compile">
                <sequential>

<!-- MySQL Example -->

<java classname="evaluation.Evaluation" fork="true">
                                <arg value="/home/pinar/workspace/mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta/bin"/>
                                <arg value="/home/pinar/workspace/dimmunix-google/java/src/Vaccine/src/signatures/JDBCMySQLSigs"/>
                                <classpath>
                                        <path refid="classpath" />
                                        <pathelement location="${build.dir}" />
                                        <pathelement location="/home/pinar/workspace/mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta/bin" />
                                        <pathelement location="/home/pinar/workspace/mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta/bin/lib/junit.jar" />
                                        <pathelement location="/home/pinar/workspace/mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta/bin/lib/jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper.jar" />
                                        <pathelement location="/home/pinar/workspace/mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta/bin/lib/log4j-1.2.9.jar" />
                                        <pathelement location="/home/pinar/workspace/mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta/bin/lib/c3p0-0.8.5-pre8.jar" />
                                        <pathelement location="/home/pinar/workspace/mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta/bin/lib/jta-spec1_0_1.jar" />
                                </classpath>
                                <jvmarg value="-Xmx2000m" />
                                <jvmarg value="-Xss128m" />
                                <jvmarg value="-Djava.srcdir=src" />
                                <jvmarg value="-Djava.sigPath=signatures" />
                        </java>

</sequential>
        </target>

<target name="clean">
                <delete dir="${build.dir}" />
        </target>

</project>

Who has some ideas as what to do with it?
And thanks again for not flushing the posting as SPAM....

luntrus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.302.3 Safari/532.8
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

luntrus wrote:Well that is a nice thing to do, when some-one tries to start a discussion on a actual security issue.
:( Well, I think therube and I were just kidding around, not trying to diss you. I was mainly thinking about the topic title, luntrus. It looks like an advertisement, and the exclamation point at the end of it reinforces that impression. That said, the body of your post sounds like an advertisement too. Really, it might have been deleted as spam if it hadn't been by you. In addition to all that, Dimmunix: Deadlock Immunity isn't security software at all. Why do you think it is?

Dimmunix sounds like generic application development software to me, not that there's anything wrong with that. I haven't seen any general software development discussion here before, but I guess there can be if anyone is interested in discussing it.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6