Best current addon for controlling ServiceWorkers in 2021?

General discussion about web technology.
barbaz

Best current addon for controlling ServiceWorkers in 2021?

Post by barbaz »

I was using this one https://github.com/jingyu9575/service-worker-control but it has been silently removed from AMO and AFAICT is discontinued. The total lack of announcement / public comment about any of this is a red flag to me. I would like to switch to an alternative.

I tried "Reject Service Worker". But turns out that despite the description and UI, it is internally designed in a way that cannot allow any ServiceWorkers. I would like to be able to allow useful ServiceWorkers, so this is not an option for me.

The only other addon I could find along these lines is "Block Service Workers", but that one was discontinued even longer ago.

Any suggestions for a currently-maintained addon that blocks ServiceWorkers by default, including on script-allowed sites, and can allow individual ServiceWorkers as directed by the user?

(Can NoScript do this? If not, it would seem to make sense as a RFE since ServiceWorkers are much more persistent and pervasive than normal scripts; as such they have more potential attack surface than normal scripts.)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-