Redirect when attempting to access toyotaofdallas.com (split from t=20777)

General discussion about web technology.
Skeezix

Redirect when attempting to access toyotaofdallas.com (split from t=20777)

Post by Skeezix »

I too have a (similar?) problem:

Since May 22, 2020, every attempt to load "toyotaofdallas.com" results in a redirect to "ww1.toyotapartsales.com/?z" and a blank (white) page. I don't know what the "/?z" means, and I cannot go any farther than that. On May 21 I was able to continue on and order a part. During that parts order my credit card was rejected (now fixed) but since that occasion I have had this problem.

I don't know if this is like the OP's original problem but it sure sounds like it. I don't have the problem on other sites. I have tried every suggestion from this site and from mozillazine.com so far but still get the same results.
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3208
* Firefox 115.0.2 Thunderbird 112.13.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:76.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/76.0
barbaz

Re: Sites using subdomains to redirect to third party sites

Post by barbaz »

Skeezix wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:54 pm I too have a (similar?) problem:

Since May 22, 2020, every attempt to load "toyotaofdallas.com" results in a redirect to "ww1.toyotapartsales.com/?z" [...]

I don't know if this is like the OP's original problem
It's totally different. Again, DNS alias is not a redirect.

BTW I'm not seeing what you're seeing. https://www.toyotaofdallas.com/ loads fine for me and I don't see any redirect attempt.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Skeezix

Re: Sites using subdomains to redirect to third party sites

Post by Skeezix »

That's weird. I cannot get to "toyotaofdallas.com" using my computer. My computer always gives me a redirect to "ww1.toyotapartsales.com/?z". The "www1." and the "/z" is in gray print in the URL field while the rest of the URL is black.

I was able to get to "toyotaofdallas.com" on my computer early on May 21 and a ordered a part. My payment was rejected and since then I've been getting the redirect (or whatever it is that it's called).

On May 22 I received an email from "swopetoyota.com" saying that I have stuff in my shopping card and that I forgot to complete the sale. I never even heard of swopetoyota before that email. I have no idea where swopetoyota got my order information.

I did manage to get through to "toyotaofdallas.com" by using another computer. When asked to log in I couldn't remember my password so I clicked the "Forget password" link. I entered my email address and toyotaofdallas responded with an "Email sent" message. When I checked my email there was nothing from toyotaofdallas.

Yesterday I got an email from "mbartz a t toyotaofdallas.com" in which he included a video. When I opened the video I could see mbarts talking but there was no audio. There was a link to mbartz below and when I clicked on that video and sent him an email I received a notice that my email was undeliverable.

I haven't the foggiest idea what's happening. I don't expect you to fix it, just thought I would post this as a point of interest.

I don't have any problems with any other toyota website, so I guess I'll just have to forget about toyotaofdallas.
Last edited by barbaz on Mon May 25, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: kill board-generated link
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3208
* Firefox 115.0.2 Thunderbird 112.13.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:76.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/76.0
barbaz

Re: Redirect when attempting to access toyotaofdallas.com (split from t=20777)

Post by barbaz »

Skeezix wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:54 pm I have tried every suggestion from this site and from mozillazine.com so far but still get the same results.
If you decide you want further help with this, could you list what you've tried so far or post links to your other threads?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-