NoScript and Multiprocess Windows in Firefox

General discussion about web technology.
antipop

NoScript and Multiprocess Windows in Firefox

Post by antipop »

I am trying to figure out which of my four addons in Firefox (ver. 55.02), one of which is the NoScript 5.0.9, has apparently disabled the ability to make use of Multiprocess Windows in the browser. Inspecting "about:support" in Firefox, I see this configuration setting, among others:

Multiprocess Windows 0/1 (Disabled by add-ons)

I would like to know which of my addons has done this so that I can experiment with this browser setting in the interest of making the program more secure and efficient if possible. I am basing my tests on the information from Mozilla Developer Network, as explained here: "https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis". Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36 Edge/15.15063
barbaz

Re: NoScript and Multiprocess Windows in Firefox

Post by barbaz »

Moving to Web Tech as this is not a NoScript Support question.
antipop wrote:I am trying to figure out which of my four addons in Firefox (ver. 55.02), one of which is the NoScript 5.0.9,
... and the other three are...?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
antipop

Post by antipop »

barbaz,

I appreciate that you moved my post into its proper place. I can see from how my question was stated that one might infer that I was seeking information about all four of the addons because I did not explicitly ask whether installation of NoScript itself disables this setting. However, I know better than to seek tech support for other addons besides NoScript in this forum. What I want to know here exactly is whether NoScript is designed to disable it, and I shall seek the answer about the other addons in their respective support forums. Thank you for asking.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.116 Safari/537.36 Edge/15.15063
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

NoScript is e10s-compatible, it should not be the culprit.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-