Multiple Tab Rows

General discussion about web technology.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Multiple Tab Rows

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Do any of you dear friends know an extension that simply gives you automatic extra toolbars for tabs when you have too many that go off the page? Now I know there are all kinds of overkill extensions that try to do all kinds of things with the tabs and that's all great but a bit more than I need. I have looked and evaluated a few that seemed promising but they ended up being some weird behavioral implementations and not this. I would appreciate your help, thanks.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
therube
Ambassador

Re: Multiple Tab Rows

Post by therube »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 Firefox/2.0 SeaMonkey/1.1.17
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I am not sure if "?" means you didn't get my request or you have no solution in mind. Hard to tell with just "?" and reading the link you posted, unfortunately doesn't help although I will see if I can adapt that mod using stylish to the tab in the meantime. Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

?, as in like I don't know if it will do what you are looking to do. So you give it a try, you take your chances.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 Firefox/2.0 SeaMonkey/1.1.17
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Gotcha, thanks. Unfortunately even though that's what the OP in that post wanted too, everything offered was off-topic and did not help. I am going to try and adapt it for what I need and will keep you posted if I manage to make it work.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Ok, made it work. Install Stylish and then using this code does the trick:

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tabs[flowing="singlebar"] .tabs-frame,
.tabbrowser-tabs[flowing="singlebar"] .tabs-frame>box,
.tabbrowser-tabs:not([flowing]) .tabbrowser-arrowscrollbox
{
display:block !important;
overflow:visible !important;
-moz-binding:none !important;
}
.tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab
{
vertical-align:bottom !important;
-moz-box-sizing: border-box !important;
min-width: 100px !important;
max-width: 250px !important;
}
Don't forget to restart Fx to take effect. I have tweaked it a bit and will probably do some more but for now it works.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Just an update, I ran into some annoying cosmetic and performance issues and when I went looking for a possible reason found out that others had tried nearly identical ugly hacks like this before. Seems its a trade off and not much to be done about it. Oh well, too bad, maybe if I have time I will expand it into an extension so I can have better control over it.