How to use proxy in FF

General discussion about web technology.
nagan

How to use proxy in FF

Post by nagan »

I was looking out for some sort of a proxy changer which hooks up with the public , anonymous proxies which are available freely in the net.I tried Foxyproxy but am not able to configure it to be effective. For example this site here.This would not allow viewing more than 5 pictures on the maximum size. Similiar is the case with Rapidshare etc.

How to switch proxies here ?
Dreams are REAL possibilities. Pursue them with zest and you can make them HAPPEN!
You are GOD.Realize THAT!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5
therube
Ambassador

Re: How to use proxy in FF

Post by therube »

Depending on the site, it could be cookies.

Rapidshare uses IP, so you would think a proxy would work - except that many others may think likewise & so "use up" the IP the proxy provides.

The proxy may not be "anonymous" - even if it says so. If a site cares to, they can look "deeper" & on a "cheap" proxy, may be able to correlate back to your real IP.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17
nagan

Post by nagan »

Err...IMHO I was asking how to use FOXYPROXY or any other good proxy program for FF. The concept and utility of Proxy was foregone. By the way for RS proxy works unless a lot of guys have used the same proxy.. :lol:
Dreams are REAL possibilities. Pursue them with zest and you can make them HAPPEN!
You are GOD.Realize THAT!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5
airforce1

Post by airforce1 »

For proxy in FF, I use gladder only. It works fine and when you want to change a proxy, just choose 'change proxy' from the dropmenu on right click.
I haven't successfully setup forxyproxy once for it is too complicated for me. :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2