SpecialFoldersView - Easily jump to special folders in Windows

General discussion about web technology.
therube
Ambassador

SpecialFoldersView - Easily jump to special folders in Windows

Post by therube »

While we're here, this may come in handy for some, SpecialFoldersView - Easily jump to special folders in Windows.
Windows operating system have dozens of special folders that are used for storing application settings and files, storing Internet files, saving temporary files, storing shortcuts to other files, and so on.

This utility displays the list of all special folders in your system, and allows you to easily jump to the right folder simply by double-clicking the folder item.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: Quick, easy, simple way to delete Flash cookies

Post by Tom T. »

therube wrote:While we're here, this may come in handy for some, SpecialFoldersView - Easily jump to special folders in Windows.
Windows operating system have dozens of special folders that are used for storing application settings and files, storing Internet files, saving temporary files, storing shortcuts to other files, and so on.

This utility displays the list of all special folders in your system, and allows you to easily jump to the right folder simply by double-clicking the folder item.
It's definitely interesting for those who don't want to make their own shortcuts, but while it has many folders under Doc-Settings\Admin and Doc-settings\AllUsers, I didn't see a shortcut to Doc-Settings\username, which is where much of my tinkering takes place. And stuff. like, say, your Fx profile is in that tree. Any special reason why no shortcut to username folder?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US at an expert level; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 diehard
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Strange, I see it?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1pre) Gecko/20090614 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre
Nan M
Ambassador

Post by Nan M »

therube wrote:While we're here, this may come in handy for some, SpecialFoldersView - Easily jump to special folders in Windows.

Magic!
Very simple and effective addition to the audit utilities on this machine. Just the utility for quickly drilling through those Windows directories, without having to make all your own shortcuts. Makes sure you don't miss anything, and I've just used it to audit CCleaner - which I rely on for day-to-day tidying up.
Just what a hassled admin needs.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

therube wrote:Strange, I see it?
It was in neither the home page snapshot nor in the list on the home page, although now I see on the home page that the sample list is for a machine where the only username is "Administrator".
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US at an expert level; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 diehard