Right-Click Context Menu Slow & Heavy

General discussion about web technology.
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

(SeaMonkey 2)

For a while now I've notice that the right-click context menu was slow to appear & heavy on system resources (CPU load).

So I open a second Profile & note that it doesn't seem to have the same issue. I figure it is an extension that is causing the problem. So one by one I go about adding the same extensions as in my main Profile into the second, testing after each extension install. And as you would figure, I get the last extension installed & I still don't have a problem.

So I figure I'll remove all the extensions from my main Profile & reinstall them & see what happens. I was going to remove them all at once, but then I figured I may as well remove them one at a time. And I'm going to do them in alphabetical order. So the first was Adblock Plus. Uninstall. Restart. Test - & it's fine!? So I reinstall ABP. And it's still fine :-).

Strange goings on.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1pre) Gecko/20090606 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre
therube
Ambassador

Re: Right-Click Context Menu Slow & Heavy

Post by therube »

Just to note, toggling the AdblockPlus status (on/off, center-clicking the ABP icon) is relatively resource intensive, for a relatively long duration in SeaMonkey 2. More so then with SeaMonkey 1.1.18.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the extent of its blocklist?

No, perhaps not.
But looks like it can be related to particular Profiles (at least different Profiles are affected differently).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091017 SeaMonkey/2.0
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Re: Right-Click Context Menu Slow & Heavy

Post by Alan Baxter »

I'm listening. I just don't have anything substantial to add. Lot's of things are slow on my PC. I haven't noticed that the right-click (context) menu is any worse, but it's usually instantaneous if I click it a second time.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3