[WITHDRAWN] "Cancel" button under Compose box?

Discussion about the board itself, forums organization and site bugs.
Tom T.
Field Marshal

[WITHDRAWN] "Cancel" button under Compose box?

Post by Tom T. »

Doesn't seem to be a direct method of leaving things as-is if one starts to compose a reply, quote a reply, edit a post, etc., then change your mind, without using browser back/forward and risking foobars. Edit isn't such a big deal; one can edit nothing and click Submit.

I suppose one could Save Draft, then never load it. But would a Cancel button be hard to add?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.27) Gecko/20120216 Firefox/3.6.27
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: How about a "Cancel" button under compose/reply box?

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Any addition adds to the nightmare that are phpbb updates (phpbb is far from modular/pluggable, anything you add is a hack inside the original code).

What's wrong with the "Back" button? What kind of "foobar" you fear, exactly?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: How about a "Cancel" button under compose/reply box?

Post by Tom T. »

Giorgio Maone wrote:Any addition adds to the nightmare that are phpbb updates (phpbb is far from modular/pluggable, anything you add is a hack inside the original code).
Sorry, I didn't know that.
What's wrong with the "Back" button? What kind of "foobar" you fear, exactly?
Another user once also had issues with the back-forward as I have, but I think maybe related only to a dropped connection or something similar, at exactly the wrong moment. (wireless) If it happens again, will post with specifics.

If Back should work fine, then will do that. Sorry for taking up the time - didn't realize that it wasn't a trivial change.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.27) Gecko/20120216 Firefox/3.6.27