Earthquake

Discussion about the board itself, forums organization and site bugs.
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Earthquake

Post by Tom T. »

Giorgio, did you get any tidal waves or other effects from the earthquake?

I hope you had no family or friends on the mainland who were affected. I'm sure I speak for all in wishing that you did not, but if so, in sending our thoughts and condolences.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Earthquake

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I sent him an inquiry on this when I heard and he said that he is fine. I knew that Palermo is over 600 km away from L'Aquila but just the same I wanted to make sure that his family/friends are ok as well and he said all is well. So that's good news.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 FirePHP/0.2.4
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:I sent him an inquiry on this when I heard and he said that he is fine. I knew that Palermo is over 600 km away from L'Aquila but just the same I wanted to make sure that his family/friends are ok as well and he said all is well. So that's good news.
Guardian, that's great news, thanks. I was aware of the distance, but you know that sometimes these things can trigger tidal waves thousands of km away.

Posted here in attempt to reduce number of personal inquiries he would receive and have to answer. Although the post is not immediately visible from the main page, hoped the recency of the post might attract views so that everyone knows he and his are OK. Thanks again for sharing the good news.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Oh yeah absolutely, I know the distance sometimes means nothing. I told Giorgio that too, that even though I knew the distance is great, I was still concerned because you never know and there is a body of water between the two points. At the very least you might have family or somebody affected. Anyway, thankfully, he is ok and said all is check, so that's nice to know. Understood and its a good idea to avoid him getting bombarded. :P
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 FirePHP/0.2.4