Automatic Product Linking

Discussion about the board itself, forums organization and site bugs.
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Re: Automatic Product Linking

Post by Alan Baxter »

I agree. Either one would be better. I lean towards "NoScript Yahoo Mail FAQ".
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Given they are already at a NoScript support forum, the addition of NoScript is redundant IMHO.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:Given they are already at a NoScript support forum, the addition of NoScript is redundant IMHO.
Well, the reason it was brought up was to ensure that users didn't think that they were being sent to Yahoo Help /FAQ. I guess you were replying to therube's kb MZ Knowledge Base addition instead, true?

Anyway, the question was:
Tom T. wrote:Question: Upon reflection, does a link name like "Yahoo Mail FAQ" or "YouTube FAQ" imply that readers are being sent to Yahoo or YouTube? Kind of seems that way. Wanted to keep the link names reasonable in length, but should they read "NoScript FAQ: Yahoo Mail", or perhaps "NoScript Yahoo Mail FAQ"?
Would you agree that that confusion is possible? Just trying to be totally unambiguous, knowing that many of our users are in a hurry to get the issue fixed, and possibly annoyed, frustrated, etc. Didn't want to seem as though we were shoving them off to Yahoo or YouTube. If you're still strongly against, so be it; we'll have to get another opinion or two to decide the issue. Thanks.

@Alan Baxter: Oops, didn't see the third page and already edited both to "NoScript FAQ: Yahoo Mail", as that's the natural order of things. Page title: NS FAQ. Sub-chapter: Yahoo Mail. Somehow, "NoScript Yahoo Mail... looked a little weird without a divider (FAQ and colon), but that's just I being my copy-editor self. I don't have strong feelings either way, so if you or anyone else wants it to be "NoScript Yahoo Mail FAQ" and "NoScript YouTube FAQ", I don't have any problem whatsoever with it being changed. Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

No, I was responding to you. I think the addition of NoScript is redundant, there is no confusion they are going to our site as the link hover clearly shows our address. But ultimately, I don't mind either way.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:No, I was responding to you. I think the addition of NoScript is redundant, there is no confusion they are going to our site as the link hover clearly shows our address. But ultimately, I don't mind either way.
OK, sorry for the confusion. But not everyone reads link hovers. ;) First impressions, especially for other users browsing the thread, that's all. :)
Cheers.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20