Stopping to Say HELLO!

Discussion about the board itself, forums organization and site bugs.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Stopping to Say HELLO!

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Giorgio, I wanted to let you know that I am now registered and will post all NoScript issues here for your review. Glad to have this up and running. Should we just stop posting to MozillaZine? :ugeek:
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
I am a general.useragent.override sillyness!
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Stopping to Say HELLO!

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Welcome!
GµårÐïåñ wrote:Should we just stop posting to MozillaZine? :ugeek:
For NoScript / FlashGot issues, better to stop, yes.
Otherwise new users would have a hard time to benefit of accumulated knowledge (as you noticed, I linked the last "legacy" Mozillazine topic in the forum list).
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

Héhé... I'm still here... sorry ! :mrgreen:
I'm still waiting for ABE and Noscript 2.0 ! :P

Else, could you display users information at left instead of right please ? I don't understand why they choose to display at right; I find it illogical...
ps: great idea, this forum.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre) Gecko/20090315 Shiretoko/3.1b4pre
luntrus

Post by luntrus »

Hello you folks,

I also found the way here, and it is good to be here together with all the script blocking enthusiasts under the guidance of Giorgio Maone to lead us the way. Personally I can say that following the threads back there (MozillaZine) and now here has brought me a lot of insight on typical browser security issues. Whenever I have to touch a Flock or Firefox browser without NoScript or my other favorite security extensions (Perspectives, Firekeeper, RequestPolicy) I feel naked, really I do.
What I hope browser developers should bring to the Mozilla browser is the sandboxing functionality of GoogleChrome or in my case SRWare's Iron browser (because that is the flaw without the privacy issues). I think this will be the way all modern browsers have to go, nevertheless Fx on Windows with NoScript is secure in this sense that it is awfully hard to be exploited. Nice to be here with you on this first day of Spring, that it will be the primavera for many an interesting discussion and will mutually educate all of us into being more security savvy is the wish of,

ciao,

Damian aka luntrus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20090321 Minefield/3.6a1pre
Nan M
Ambassador

Post by Nan M »

G'day luntrus!
Good to read you here.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009030422 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/3.0.7
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Is it ok to grab information that was useful in the previous threads of mozillazine and post them here when necessary or should we just link to it instead? Not sure of the protocol or preferred way to do this. Just wondering.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 NoScript/1.9.1.7 FlashGot/1.1.8.5 FirePHP/0.2.4
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

Grab away! Provide a link too if you think the context of the info might be helpful or an attribution is called for.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Gotcha, so I am going to quote the information and then link it right below. Give credit where due. Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 NoScript/1.9.1.7 FlashGot/1.1.8.5 FirePHP/0.2.4