Bug reports and enhancement requests
thebeing

[feature request] FNAME support for PHP encrypted links

Post by thebeing »

When a page has something as follows:

Code: Select all

<div class="filedata">
<span class="filename">encryptedlinkfilename.ext</span>
<a href="http://encryted.link.site/download.php?encrypt=7sFrdaWI1ChrSm2MoaIcEJvIfu0rhXt0gB5GyXoZZvouQFd54xWlNB9Chhax7-HmjKC2MAoEJJgnKaDHE4ZqUYFWK2mEQ9lNysXkakl3Es_TVr9iE7JE6nNvba3w4DErp-MLFCJcpbRy8uZTJrLdHQEm9mG6s3PO7vVqt0IKscPKZ0d-8f24_VE5HI5S3BxdgnBARppeylby3ijNxac1ZORqME2dnnfYmEx92u_GBZS4usKmKO8L7XcEpPY1klugPGlZfHpDtEduop3XSrpAybcMln8I8wJ2fiHVaL8nr4qVD54bOv48VLzOObTFFBKN</a>
</div>
Clicking the download.php?encrypt= link with Firefox resolves the correct file name.
Having Flashgot pass the download.php?encrypt= link to DownThemAll resolves the correct file name as soon as you start the download.

Having Flashgot pass the download.php?encrypt= link to wget or curl either fails to download or downloads using the entire 300+ character encrypted link as the file name, surpassing the Windows path character limit. Unfortunately, neither are able to figure out the correct file name on their own, and need to be told the file name in the command line.

Edit: It turns out that the file name is somehow acquired when clicking the download.php link, and not from the DIV element as I thought below. The encryptedlinkfilename.ext within the webpage isn't always identical to the name you get when clinking the link.

Could Flashgot be enhanced to use encryptedlinkfilename.ext from the above example as FNAME when the "filename" class exists within the the link's div element? I assume that is how the file name is normally acquired, but I'm not very familiar with PHP. Could Firefox and other browsers actually be acquiring file name from within download.php?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110710 Firefox/5.0