Better/define assumed query format of Build Gallery

Bug reports and enhancement requests
dez93_2000

Better/define assumed query format of Build Gallery

Post by dez93_2000 »

Hi there. Love the program, use it regularly, esp the build gallery function.

One thing I'd be interested in seeing improved, if possible, is the query that's automatically generated when one starts building a gallery. For time saving I think it would be great if this default query could be:
1. editable by the user in the settings, and better still
2. editable with filters to set different default masks for specific domains.

Elaboration/Examples:
When one right clicks an image (I think also when one just right clicks a web page but I can't check now as I'm at work) the build gallery query is autopopulated approximately thus:
FOR WEBPAGE URL = www.FictionalCarWebsite.com/images/ferrari/gallery04/
which has pictures 01.jpg - 20.jpg that you want to get.
As far as I recall (I can edit this later if I'm way off but this should give you the gist) the default query would be:
www.FictionalCarWebsite.com/images/ferrari/gallery[01-04;1]/ (assumedly if you right clicked the page) or
www.FictionalCarWebsite.com/images/ferrari/gallery[01-04;1]/[20-20;1] (assumedly if you right clicked 20.jpg).

What I'd like to see is an option to only autogenerate the range on e.g. the last 2 digits, from the number given down to zero, so if you right clicked the 20.jpg the suggested query would be:
www.FictionalCarWebsite.com/images/ferrari/gallery01/[01-20;1].jpg

This would give me what I need for ~98% of the pages I use flashgot's Build Gallery function on, whereby the thumbnail gallery html page links to the images living on their own pages (http://www.FictionalCarWebsite.com/imag ... 01/01.html etc) rather than linking to them directly as jpgs (http://www.FictionalCarWebsite.com/imag ... y01/01.jpg).

I'd be interested to find out whether or not my usage of FG's BG function represents the typical user? If so, I suspect the option to do this kind of thing would be a big timesaver for a significant chunk of your userbase.

Further, if this is desirable, we could have a thread on the forum with a list of domain defaults - if everyone is doing the same thing then this'll save people time, in the same way CDDB saves everyone having to type in info about the cd you're trying to rip.

Cheers in advance,
dez
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6