[Bug] Stopped downloads when server connection limit hit

Bug reports and enhancement requests
elninio

[Bug] Stopped downloads when server connection limit hit

Post by elninio »

Hi,

I think I found a bug: If I have many downloads from one server I click on the download links and say "start manually" in flashgot.
When I added a few downloads from that server I click "start all downloads".

Now, flashgot tries to start multiple downloads, but the server only allows the first one because its configuration says only one download per client.
Download number one starts and downloads two, three, four ect are trying again...for a while. After a view minutes they give it up and switch to state "stopped".

A few minutes later download one finishes and all other downloads will never be asked again for automatic starting.
This is annoying if you've set the computer to shutdown when finished and go away...

As a bugfix i would try to reask all broken downloads after finishing all other running downloads.

Some buttons I described may have a differing label because i use the german version.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: [Bug] Stopped downloads when server connection limit hit

Post by Giorgio Maone »

elninio wrote:I think I found a bug: If I have many downloads from one server I click on the download links and say "start manually" in flashgot.
FlashGot has no "start manually" option.
You probably refer to FlashGET or whatever else download manager you're using FlashGot with.
If so, you should report to its developer, rather than here.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11
elninio

Re: [Bug] Stopped downloads when server connection limit hit

Post by elninio »

Sorry u're right...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)