Support of "reborn" Songbird by Flashgot (SB 1.9 version)

Bug reports and enhancement requests
klichi

Support of "reborn" Songbird by Flashgot (SB 1.9 version)

Post by klichi »

Hello

As you may know, the Songbird music player is about to regain popularity with its new version 1.9 (featurewise and mostly performance and stability wise, it is expected to be far better than the previous versions). Also it's integration with new devices like Philips will extend its user base.

One goal of Songbird was to "play the web" by having a tight integration with web pages that are hosting music.
For instance when you go to such a page: http://www.parisdjs.com/ , MP3s are detected by Songbird and proposed to be be downloaded in the "Media downloader" which has a specific panel in the application and which adds dowloaded tracks directly to the music library.
As Songbird is built on top of Firefox engine, there is also a "File downloader", which is the same as in Firefox. This one as no specific panel and is just the usual Firefox/thunderbird download manager.

So, in a nutshell, Songbird as a smart media downloader, integrated with the music library.

Now, back to Flashgot.
In addition to pages containing MP3 tracks, Flashgot is capable of detecting media played by Flash player for instance, like in that page: http://sites.radiofrance.fr/francemusiq ... =420000108
Such a page is re-playing a radio show after it was broadcasted on FM. And I often catch the shows I missed using such pages.

And it would be very useful to have the support of Songbird back in Flashgot :)

In 2 steps:
- first, update the compatibility status of Flashgot with SOngbird 1.8 and 1.9, and refresh the addpage of Flashgot on addons.songbirdnest.com . I have tested it and haven' met any issue.
- then, add the Songbird "media downloader" as an additional download engine in FlashGot, in addition to the "integrated" one in the browser, by actually starting the download of detected and chosen media in the Media download panel instead of the usual Firefox-like download window... And at the end of the process, have the downloaded media automatically added to the music library.

What do you think?

Sorry for being so long :)
And thanks a lot for your attention!

Olivier
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr-FR; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
klichi

Re: Support of "reborn" Songbird by Flashgot (SB 1.9 version

Post by klichi »

Hello Giorgio
Could you please update the max version for Songbird in the Install.rdf and set it to 1.10?
I'm using it regularly with Songbird 1.9.X and it works fine.
Cheers and Happy New Year
Olivier
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr-FR; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Support of "reborn" Songbird by Flashgot (SB 1.9 version

Post by Giorgio Maone »

I'll do it, thank you.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13