Enhancement: Flashgot->JDownloader remote external interface

Bug reports and enhancement requests
kumbaja

Enhancement: Flashgot->JDownloader remote external interface

Post by kumbaja »

Hi!

First thanks, for this useful tool, and I hope it will live for long time :)

I'm using jdownloader completely remote, thus meaning that I have to download .DLC files and upload them using JDownloaders Webinterface, or copy the Containers' URLs and paste them into the Webinterface.

Since a few day jdownloaders external Interface (which is as far is I know used by flashgot anyway) is able to catch urls from a remote system. In Firefox Config "about:get" you also can configure flashgot to send the links to a remote pc.
So there's the possibility to click any download container and have it downloades invisible and reliable in the background on a server that runs 24/7.
The ownly downside to this ist, that Flashgot allows to select jdownloader as Download Manager only, if jdownloader is installed on the same (local) machine.
So it would be great, if jdownloader supported this feature without having installed jdownloader on the local machine.

An additive enhancement would be if within the future maybe configuration for a remote jdownloader, supported creating a filetype on that forwards doubleclicked container files to the remote jdwonloader. (I'm not sure if this is posible within a firefox plugin).

Thank you and regards,

kumbaja
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Enhancement: Flashgot->JDownloader remote external inter

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Putting into my "Stuff to check for future development" list, thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Boomi

Re: Enhancement: Flashgot->JDownloader remote external inter

Post by Boomi »

Thanks for share good post keep it up!!!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2010031422 Firefox/3.0.19