Indiscriminate?

Bug reports and enhancement requests
johnfull

Indiscriminate?

Post by johnfull »

I notice that RealPlayer uses more selectivity when downloading YouTube and similar files.
When a different size of video is selected, it knows to use only that file and not the default.
FlashGot grabs the newly selected, but also the default.
It also seems to scour pages for download materials instead of concentrating on the main selection.
I have not found a way to see the list of everything that will download and have any control over it.
As soon as the menu is accessed, it disappears again.
Anyway, RealPlayer only works with Internet Explorer and possibly only in Vista or later.
Since I use SeaMonkey in XP, I don't have that option.
Any feedback on being more discriminating?
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Indiscriminate?

Post by Giorgio Maone »

If you right click on the FlashGot Media icon you should see all the movies which played on this page, and hovering over the menu items you should see extra info (such has their size).

FlashGot intercepts the HTTP requests for media types and groups them for originating window, but the correlation at the sub-page selection level is impossible because Firefox itself does not know which Flahs object actually made the request.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6
therube
Ambassador

Re: Indiscriminate?

Post by therube »

If you left-click the FlashGot Media icon, it will return everything it has found.

If you right-click the FlashGot Media icon, it will show you what it found, including sizes, allowing you to select the download you want.

If you hoover the FlashGot Media icon, it will show you the clips found, including sizes.

URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy5-hg05 ... playnext=1

Initially at 360, it shows, "Acting For The Camera_video.flv (80) MB".
Switching to 480, it shows, "Acting For The Camera_video.flv (127) MB".

Left click would download both.
Right click would allow you to select one or the other.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100205 SeaMonkey/2.0.3