FlashGot for Google Chrome - ChromeGet (Not a request)

Bug reports and enhancement requests
blackstarzes

FlashGot for Google Chrome - ChromeGet (Not a request)

Post by blackstarzes »

Hi there,

I moved over to Chrome a few months back and am really missing the functionality of FlashGot. I am working on my own plugin for Chrome and would like a few pointers. I would first of all like to ask for your permission to use the FlashGot.exe file bundled with your software. If this is ok, do you have some pointers on how to use this with C#.NET - maybe through command line parameters? I was going to write my own plugin from scratch, but after looking at the amount of work that went into your FlashGot.cpp file, I thought that maybe it would be a better idea to use yours. Otherwise, if you could point me in the right direction to find a description of the FlashGet COM interface, that would help a great deal.

The plan I have is this:
ChromeGet Plugin in Google Chrome -> C#.NET background application -> FlashGot.exe -> FlashGet

ChromeGet Plugin
This plugin uses the same FlashGot commands as in FlashGet and parses the page into an XML file which is then copied to the clipboard.

C#.NET Background Application
This application monitors the clipboard, and when the clipboard changes, it checks for a valid XML file and sends a command to FlashGot.exe. I do not particularly want to go into the NPAPI world just yet - it seems a bit daunting - hence the intermediary.

I will be away from Tuesday for a week but am eagerly awaiting a response.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.266.0 Safari/532.6
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: FlashGot for Google Chrome - ChromeGet (Not a request)

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Of course you can reuse FlashGot.exe, as long as your extension is released under the same license (GPL).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
blackstarzes

Post by blackstarzes »

Thank you for your permission. Do you have any pointers on how to go about calling your code from C#.NET?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.266.0 Safari/532.6
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

blackstarzes wrote:Thank you for your permission. Do you have any pointers on how to go about calling your code from C#.NET?
FlashGot.exe accepts command line parameters, and it's meant to be called this way from Javascript/XPCOM, so I guess porting the caller part to C# should be really trivial by reading the sources.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
blackstarzes

Post by blackstarzes »

Thank you very much for your help. I'll work on this and see how it goes.