Copying Detected Link

Bug reports and enhancement requests
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Copying Detected Link

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Giorgio, did we lose the "middle-click" to copy the link of a detect media?
As of about a few days ago, I can no longer middle-click to get the link of a detected item.

The "right-click" does work to copy the link but the problem with that is that it will also launch the interface, that's not what I want or I would just regular click on it.

Can you please advise?
FlashGot 1.5.6.14rc1

EDIT: Just to clarify, clearly there has been no new version, I am not saying it was "lost" because of an update, just that as of a few days ago when I tried (not something I do often) I noticed it doesn't work, so it may have gone awol sometime before and I just didn't notice.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 7.0; Win64; x64; rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: Copying Detected Link

Post by therube »

FlashGot?
Never knew there was such a feature?

You could set up a custom download manager such that the link(s) are copied to "To FILE" (or "To Clipboard or...) rather then opening an actual download manager.

Something along the lines of, Filelist as a Textfile in one way.

---

Oh, you're talking about, FlashGot Media?

In any case, still never knew there was such a feature?
And still, the custom download manager could do that.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Lightning/5.4
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

It was added forever ago, if you can load the changelog in one continuous page, do a search and it will tell you when it was added, I don't know off hand.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

[RFC] Copying Detected Link

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Girogio, the current right-click to copy link would have been fine if it didn't conflict with DTA and cause the download dialog to pop up each time you do it, can you switch that to middle-click, either permanently or based on detection of if DTA is installed or not, if not, keep as-is, if it is, then use middle-click instead. Thoughts? :ugeek:
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Putting it in my TODO list, unfortunately low priority because FlashGot still needs to go full e10s (NoScript got full priority for obvious reasons).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Giorgio Maone wrote:Putting it in my TODO list, unfortunately low priority because FlashGot still needs to go full e10s (NoScript got full priority for obvious reasons).
I completely understand and appreciate it, thank you.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Giorgio, just a quick follow-up, I know that you need to make Flashgot e10 still and that NoScript takes priority but since we are still able to use it as legacy as-is, would it be possible to add that DTA check to prevent it from popping up when right-clicking to copy to the clipboard.

On line 797 of flashgotOverlay.js - it would need a getAddonByID or not even that since you are already detecting it within the app, so you can piggy back on that, to check for DTA (either by this id system using {DDC359D1-844A-42a7-9AA1-88A850A938A8} or by the existing method you are checking for DTA already) to get either a null or not from the AddonCallback, or your existing method and suppress it from popping up on the right click copy.

Alternatively, to simply make the copy instead of using just right-click to say shift+ ctrl+ alt+ or whatever in addition to the right-click to copy it so it will altogether bypass the DTA download trigger. I was going to send you a patch for it but I am afraid it won't be nearly as elegant or clean as you doing it within your established style within the code, so wanted to see if you had maybe a few minutes out of your busy schedule to patch this on the dev/rc channel because it is very disruptive at the moment.

I really do hate bugging you about it given the priority of other things on your plate, but it would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

never knew there was such a feature?
Or maybe I did, viewtopic.php?p=51701#p51701.

(And, at the same time, it may be causing one's download manager to pop up. Well have to look at that, later.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.3 Lightning/5.8.3