[BUG][E10s] Clicking to focus Firefox window is selecting te

Bug reports and enhancement requests
gaberad

[BUG][E10s] Clicking to focus Firefox window is selecting te

Post by gaberad »

This is more of an FYI, since I read the other E10s bug thread and understand E10s bugs don't really have priority at the moment.

As the title suggests, with FlashGot installed and E10s enabled, when you click back into the Firefox window to focus the window (e.g. switching between programs, like notepad > Firefox) it is selecting the text on the webpage under/where the cursor is.

This is on FF 50.0.2 (as well as FF Dev 52.0a2), new profile, only FlashGot 1.5.6.14 installed, with the following about:config preference added to enable E10s: browser.tabs.remote.force-enable::true
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
vertigo

Re: [BUG][E10s] Clicking to focus Firefox window is selectin

Post by vertigo »

I came here to post about this. What's happening is whenever Firefox (or Waterfox in my case) loses focus, then you click somewhere in it to cause it to regain focus, most of the time, though not every time, the single-click is registered as a double-click. That's why it's selecting text, though it also causes it to duplicate a tab if I click on it (I have TMP set to duplicate on double-click). It took me a while to figure out that FlashGot was the issue. Of the many add-ons I have installed, it's one of only two or three that seems to not work right with e10s.

Tags to hopefully help others figure this out easier than I did: multi-process , multi process , multiprocess , single click , singleclick , double click , doubleclick
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
barbaz

Re: [BUG][E10s] Clicking to focus Firefox window is selecting te

Post by barbaz »

*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-