[BUG][E10s] Cannot Flashgot link with E10s enabled

Bug reports and enhancement requests
barbaz

Re: [BUG][E10s] Cannot Flashgot link with E10s enabled

Post by barbaz »

avada wrote:At this point it doesn't matter.
Sure it doesn't.

It matters so little to you, that you felt the need to bump a 6-month-old bug report thread to declare the current state of FlashGot, despite you not being officially involved with the project. Stepping in and speaking the words you think the addon's developer needs to say about XUL FlashGot, but could not muster the courage to write.

Seriously, neither of us knows what Giorgio is thinking beyond what he has written. Like the old saying goes, to assume otherwise just makes an ass of u and me.
avada wrote:Those quotes are a year old, or older
... when e10s was either disabled by default, or just plain unavailable. Re-read what Giorgio wrote -
Giorgio Maone wrote:In the meanwhile, if e10s gets enabled in the stable channel before WebExtensions are viable, show-stopping bugs like these will be fixed.
And e10s now is enabled by default, in the stable channel for some users.

If the status of FlashGot has changed, Giorgio will be the one to say so. Not you, nor me, nor anyone else not directly affiliated with FlashGot.
avada wrote:Flashgot has 1/3 of the userbase of noscript, but is an order of a magnitude less complex.
This less complex than NoScript, is it? -
https://maone.net/ wrote:LeechGet integration case is quite an interesting exception: missing an AddURLList()-like COM API but having in turn a ParseURL() method which refuses to work with file:// local URLs, I achieved the "download all" effect by serving on the fly a HTML document containing the links to be downloaded through HTTP protocol. Yeah, that's right, FlashGot contains a working Web Server (minimalistic and supporting the GET verb only, of course, but functional and multithreading)! How many other multithreaded web servers entirely written in JavaScript do you know? A web server running inside a web browser, I guess I should claim a patent over it!
I've sent Giorgio patches for NoScript before, and he has included them. As such, I not only have some sense of how complex the NoScript code is, I can write decent code at the level of NoScript. Yet, I haven't the slightest idea how a webserver implemented purely in JavaScript would work, and I made mistakes in suggested patches to FlashGot on more than one occasion.

In addition, last I checked FlashGot contain OS-specific executables, whereas NoScript use only browser-based technologies, such as JavaScript/XUL/CSS etc.

So, which addon is really more complex?
avada wrote:But it got about 0% dev time in the past years.
In public. That says nothing about what Giorgio did or didn't do privately. We don't know what we don't know.
avada wrote:Now that the XUL phaseout is near there's no chance for a fix to the addon as it is.
How do you know this? Again, please re-read what Giorgio wrote above, in the context of the current situation with Firefox.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
avada

Post by avada »

@barbaz
You're the kind fo person ho writes increasingly longer and less relevant arguments. :)

Anyway, I don't think it's worth the bother arguing about anymore.
I actually figured I can replace all the functionality I used in FG with addons I already have (Downthemall!, keyconfig) and I did (with some help).

If anyone's interested, here are the solutions for replacing FG selection/all/link (the last one was trickier):

Code: Select all

// DownThemAll!
var command = document.getElementById("dta:regular");
command.doCommand();

// DownThemAll! Selection
var command = document.getElementById("dta:regular-sel");
command.doCommand();

// Save Link with DownThemAll!
Components.utils.import("resource://gre/modules/ctypes.jsm");
var user32 = ctypes.open("user32");
var BOOL = ctypes.int;
var LONG = ctypes.long;
var POINT = ctypes.StructType("tagPOINT", [{x:LONG}, {y:LONG}]);
var LPPOINT = POINT.ptr;
var GetCursorPos = user32.declare('GetCursorPos', ctypes.winapi_abi, BOOL, LPPOINT);
var point = new POINT;
if (GetCursorPos(point.address())) {
  var utils = window.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIInterfaceRequestor).
    getInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIDOMWindowUtils);
  var MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN = 0x0008;
  var MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP = 0x0010;
  utils.sendNativeMouseEvent(point.x, point.y, MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP, 0, null);
}
user32.close();
setTimeout(function () {
  document.getElementById("dta:regular-link").doCommand();
}, 1000);
You can even tweak it be replacing "regular" part of the commands to "turbo" if you prefer DTA Oneclick. The context menu timeout can be decreased in the last one, it work reliably for me at 150.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

avada wrote:@barbaz
You're the kind fo person ho writes increasingly longer and less relevant arguments. :)
You realise that other people can read my posts and what I'm replying to, don't you?

Looks like you can't refute the message, so you switched to attacking the messenger. Yeah, definitely not worth the bother anymore.

Locking
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-