FlashGot+VideoDownloadHelper Freezes

Bug reports and enhancement requests
simpleme

FlashGot+VideoDownloadHelper Freezes

Post by simpleme »

Browser: Firefox 35.0 64 bit (official builds from Mozilla) (Maybe 34 was affected as well)

FG=FlashGot
VDH=Video Download Helper
DTA=DownThemAll

Starting with an empty profile, I install FG and browse to a blog that has a log of heavy front-page media. It may be a tiny bit sluggish while loading, but still is scrollable and I can change tabs and close the browser just fine. Starting with an empty profile, I install VDH and get the same results as above. When I install FG and VDH at the same time, and then browse to a blog that has heavy front page media, it slows to a crawl. Scrolling is very slow, I can't even close the tabs or change tabs, open menus, etc. The browser becomes non-responsive sometimes for 30 seconds or so. Then it resumes like normal. I'm not really sure if the problem is with FG or VDH. I am using the latest FG and VDH from the addons page.

I also use the latest beta of DownThemAll in my main profile. For some reason, VDH doesn't integrate well with DTA 3.0b5 (I can choose to DownThemAll or dta OneClick, but nothing happens) so I use FG as a middle man, so VDH sends the download to FG which sends it to DTA. Also, FG sometime catches things that VDH doesn't. For now to resolve the issue in my main profile, I am using DTA 3.0b4 (which lacks the custom file name feature) and remove FG.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0