YouTube: highlighting currently playing stream

Bug reports and enhancement requests
flashgot.user

YouTube: highlighting currently playing stream

Post by flashgot.user »

I want to drop highlighting of the currently playing stream on YouTube because it's been broken since they introduced separate streams for audio and video (i.e. for how long, more than a year?), and trying to fix it complicates the code, which is complicated as it is, and creates more problems than it solves. So if anyone uses it not "just for lulz", but for solving an actual problem/task that can't be solved otherwise, say it now and I'll try to come up something that might suit you.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.25
therube
Ambassador

Re: YouTube: highlighting currently playing stream

Post by therube »

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9JEPeeohYs

Well I still get bolding, at least some of the time, & looking now, it does look to correctly reflect the current playback mode (changing if you were to change the "p").

Looks like this happens on the Dash end, only bolding the video & not the both the video & audio entries.

And to me, it is worthwhile, letting me "know" that changing a "p" value does actually do something (even if the change is not necessarily apparent to the eye).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.29