[REQUEST] Extensions "Black" or Exceptions List

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Spirit Wolfe

[REQUEST] Extensions "Black" or Exceptions List

Post by Spirit Wolfe »

Hello Giorgio & Users:

As much as I like FlashGot and its features and want to use it most of the time, there has come a point that I really do not need it nor my download manager for everything, ya know? :mrgreen:

I have the combination of utilizing FlashGot with my Download Accelerator Plus (DAP 10+) and when I have FlashGot installed and use it to activate DAP to do my download bidding, FF gives FG prioritization over the DAP program's ignore / exceptions / black list and continues to download the file using DAP. Rightfully it should, that is how FG is designed. However, since there are numerous extensions to list within the included File Extensions area that is available in addition to the Intercept all downloads selection, I was wondering if there could be an Exceptions List as well.

I am in college, getting my BSIT, I deal with A LOT of documents in whereas I do not need the FG add-on nor the DAP program for downloading PDF/DOC/DOCX and sometimes even BAT/CMD/RTF/TXT files when I can use FF's (and the Download Statusbar FF add-on) standard download feature. Because when I use standard downloading for these files, I have FF set to automatically open these documents and similar files with their appropriate plug-in or full program when applicable.

I know I can disable the Autostart download feature for FG, but that seems rhetorical every time I wish to open a documents file 'automatically' sort to speak.

Cheers!
Spirit Wolfe / Sawuwaya
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0