Discussion: Site Specific Permissions Policy

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: [Request] Enable for this website only

Post by Tom T. »

noscriptfan1 wrote:I hope you have a [Enable for this website only] soon option in the menu, as my ABE just keeps on getting bigger and bigger

I just enable googleapis temporarily because I want it disabled as soon as possible for even the sites I use it on, I don't want it used for long,and I definitely don't want it enabled on my other tabs.I also have wolframalpha.com twice because you have to scroll the list and I thought I didn't have it added. I started using A.B.E. as per a recommendation of a senior board member a year and a half ago.
The keeps on getting bigger and bigger this is just a small snippet of it.

# User-defined rules. Feel free to experiment here.
Site googleapis.com *.googleapis.com
Accept from *.virustotal.com *.slickdeals.net *.slickdealz.net *.bexar.org *.orcacle.com *.wolframalpha.com
Accept from*.qj.net *.rankupxp.com *.sparkfun.com *.instructables.com *.mediafire.com *.custhelp.com *.kraftfoods.com
Accept from *.wolframalpha.com elderscrolls.wikia.com survey.edc.epsiloninteractive.com
Deny
I have a small tip or two for you, and you've given me a great idea for an RFE until the per-site feature is available.

Tip: To check the contents of your Accept list without scrolling or having to have multiple "Accept" lines, open about:config, and in the Filter bar, type
noscript.ABE.rulesets.USER
(or you can just type ABE, and the above will be pretty obvious among the few entries.)

Now, hover the mouse over "Value". A tooltip opens that is *browser-width*, and, AFAIK, unlimited in height.
Now you can look over your entries without scrolling, either horizontally or vertically. Does that help?

I''ll post the RFE separately, in NS > Development, and put the link to it here when done.
noscriptfan1 wrote:I appreciate all you do and I know your doing this for free/coffee money
No coffee money, just free. And for the satisfaction of helping to make the Net a bit safer, of helping the NS user community, of trying to repay Giorgio for the tremendous gift of NoScript --- and, occasionally, a kind word from a happy user. :)

ETA: The RFE is here.

And I have another work-around in the meantime, to avoid duplications as in wolframalpha, etc.:

Open prefs.js file with Wordpad. Do a "Find" for whatever entry you're about to add, or are afraid has been duplicated. If it's in your USER rules, it will show up, under
user_pref("noscript.ABE.rulesets.USER",

If it isn't there, then you know you need to add it. This would avoid duplicates, and I agree is more convenient than manually scrolling and trying to remember a large number of entries.

Helpful? Not?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.27) Gecko/20120216 Firefox/3.6.27