RFE: Forbid redirect from trusted sites, too

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: RFE: Forbid redirect from trusted sites, too

Post by Tom T. »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:... To make matters worst, if they are using server side refresh, there is absolutely not a single hell of a thing we can do on the user side to stop that unless you can find a way to inject a script into the data being processed which is nearly impossible short of a memory location hack.
Based on the behavior, I believe you've nailed it, Bro. But I'm too smart for them! :twisted: I put (specifically) http://www.yahoo.com into Hosts file, and now the redirect is stopped, yet I can still use all URLs not matching that exact pattern, e. g. finance.yahoo.com, news.yahoo.com, mail, etc. Mwahaha! :mrgreen:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

There you go, that's it then. If I was a developer, I would make a clean js for it, have it check and if no js, then use the standard meta and if that is blocked, you can have a landing check or session check for that, then I would default to server side if I absolutely needed to do this. So it seems they have gone with a similar behavior as you are able to intercept them a couple of times before it adapts, so it must be using something similar in logic. Glad you got it working but its a shame that you had to work so hard to get there. I am happy if I helped but I think ultimately you did the leg work.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:... I am happy if I helped but I think ultimately you did the leg work.
You helped tremendously by explaining why it probably couldn't be stopped by any other method. Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20