NoScript 11.3.6rc1
Firefox 97.0.1
new profile

STR:

1) Open new tab

2) Open NoScript popup on that new tab

3) Click center of top area to start drag&drop customization

4) Try to hide the "Set all on this page to Temporarily TRUSTED" item

Expected results: It should be possible to drag&drop it even though it is disabled.

Actual results: Drag&drop customization of that option is disabled too. It is not possible to move or hide it in this state. Only when switching to the noscript.net/getit tab I opened for installing NoScript, thereby making this button not disabled, only then does it become possible to drag&drop this button.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
fatboy

Re: Drag&drop customization disabled for disabled options

Post by fatboy »

Win 7 Fx 91.6.0 ESR
Drag&drop works as expected
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SM/2.38 NS/2.9.0.12
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

barbaz wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:51 pm Expected results: It should be possible to drag&drop it even though it is disabled.
Unfortunately it's yet another side effect (this time cross-browser, rather than a Firefox-only bug) of using actual buttons instead of links.
Quite a complicate work-around here, and as a bonus I've removed a limitation on hidden buttons which might have seemed a good idea to me at the time but now I see as an arbitrary inconvenience.
In latest development build:
v 11.3.6rc2
============================================================
x [L10n] Updated es
x Make disabled buttons draggable and hidden enabled buttons
interactive when the "graveyard" is open
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:98.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/98.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Fixed, thanks! Unfortunately there is a regression: sometimes when dragging the icons, the dragged image of the icon is way above & to the left of where the mouse cursor is. I reproduced this in a new Firefox profile with desktop compositor (xcompmgr) turned off and there is no stray box nor anything spanning the gap, the dragged icon image is just in the wrong place.

In case it's relevant, my OS is Xubuntu 20.04 64-bit, with Openbox as window manager instead of xfwm4.
-
diverjer

Post by diverjer »

I have never used this option, but have opened up the center where I could drag something over. Always wondered if I drag something over, would it be in the center later if I wanted to drag it back out? Not that I have any desire to remove anything, but have wondered, but not enough to test it out. I pretty much leave the settings as installed.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:97.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/97.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

diverjer wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:34 am Always wondered if I drag something over, would it be in the center later if I wanted to drag it back out?
Yes, exactly: in facts there's a label saying "Drop here to hide", I thought it was enough to imply that you can retrieve them later, but maybe it should be stated more explicitly.
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

barbaz wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:15 am I reproduced this in a new Firefox profile with desktop compositor (xcompmgr) turned off and there is no stray box nor anything spanning the gap, the dragged icon image is just in the wrong place.
I cannot reproduce, but please check whether this is fixed in latest development build rc5, thanks.
diverjer

Post by diverjer »

Giorgio Maone wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:41 am
diverjer wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:34 am Always wondered if I drag something over, would it be in the center later if I wanted to drag it back out?
Yes, exactly: in facts there's a label saying "Drop here to hide", I thought it was enough to imply that you can retrieve them later, but maybe it should be stated more explicitly.
Thanks, I think it is fine the way is is now. If I had really wanted to hide one, I would have dropped it in the box. Just was going through the forum and remembered that I thought about testing once, but wasn't sure. Decided not to try as sometimes I get myself in trouble playing around just to see what happens. I guess that is why I take 2 images a week, which has come in handy.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:97.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/97.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Giorgio Maone wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:04 am please check whether this is fixed in latest development build rc5, thanks.
I'm not receiving the rc5 update, and I see no sign of it on noscript.net nor Github?

The drag image offset is still reproducible in rc4 although it's not as easy to reproduce.

EDIT Got rc5 now and this problem still exists as it does in rc4.
-
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

barbaz wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:59 pm The drag image offset is still reproducible in rc4 although it's not as easy to reproduce.

EDIT Got rc5 now and this problem still exists as it does in rc4.
In the meanwhile I've tried to with Fx 97 and openbox on Ubuntu, and still cannot reproduce. Must be something else... :?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Maybe partially a Firefox issue? It's even harder to reproduce after I've updated to FF 98.0rc1.

Maybe timing-dependent also? If I really quickly start a drag&drop after opening the popup, seems to increase the chance of reproducing the issue.
-
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Looks like it's Firefox specific. I can't reproduce the issue on NoScript 11.3.6 on Vivaldi on the same system.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.105 Safari/537.36