Unable to set per-site permision for specific local file

Bug reports and enhancement requests
MyNameHere

Unable to set per-site permision for specific local file

Post by MyNameHere »

Hi. This stopped working 2-3 months ago, I think, but I just now have time to mention it. Current version is 11.2.11.

I have a local HTML file that I open in FF. A long time ago, I set it to Trusted in NS, and this is what still appears in the Per-site Permissions:

Code: Select all

file:///C:/Users/Me/Documents/MyFile.html
Now, though, when I open the local page, NS does not trust it.

When I click on the NS icon, it only gives me the choice to trust "file:", and if I set that to Trusted, I now have a blanket exception for all local files, shown in Per-site Permissions as:

file:
I do not want an exception for all local files. I want a specific exception for this one local file.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:94.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/94.0
barbaz

Re: Unable to set per-site permision for specific local file

Post by barbaz »

MyNameHere wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:49 pm I have a local HTML file that I open in FF. A long time ago, I set it to Trusted in NS, and this is what still appears in the Per-site Permissions:

file:///C:/Users/Me/Documents/MyFile.html
Now, though, when I open the local page, NS does not trust it.

[...]

I do not want an exception for all local files. I want a specific exception for this one local file.
Setting such permissions manually in NoScript Options > Per-site Permissions works that way for me in NoScript 11.2.12rc3 (FF 95 on Linux 64-bit): Only the one html file I set to Trusted gets to run scripts.

Are you double-clicking the file to open it in a new instance of Firefox? Or are you opening it in an already-running instance of Firefox, e.g. by dragging it to the tab bar? I could only test the latter.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
MyNameHere

Post by MyNameHere »

I am opening it in a new tab in an existing window in FF 94.0.2.

The issues seem twofold:
1. The NS button does not list the specific file to set permissions, but it used to, and I think it should.
2. I already have per-site permission set to Trusted for this single file, but it doesn't work any more.

I could try to clean out the existing per-site permission and see if I can re-enter it, but that doesn't change the fact that NS doesn't offer me this option when I click on the NS button.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

MyNameHere wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:49 pm 1. The NS button does not list the specific file to set permissions, but it used to, and I think it should.
NoScript Options > Appearance, check "List full addresses in the permissions popup"
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
MyNameHere

Post by MyNameHere »

Thanks, that seems to have taken care of it.