Request to support "Firefox Multi-Account Containers"

Bug reports and enhancement requests
DrCR

Request to support "Firefox Multi-Account Containers"

Post by DrCR »

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ontainers/
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/containers

I started tinkering with the above today in a new Firefox profile. Unfortunately, when I temporary trusted a domain in NoScript for one container, I found that domain was undesirably temporary trusted in the other containers as well.

Could support for said containers be added to NoScript? I've donated in the past, and I'd be willing to do so again as a thanks for adding this capability.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
barbaz

Re: Request to support "Firefox Multi-Account Containers"

Post by barbaz »

+1, if such support would work with Firefox Containers in general (i.e. not specifically requiring Multi-Account Containers extension).

Regarding NoScript and Containers, it would also be useful for the XSS filter to have the option to make per-container exception if possible.
DrCR wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:40 am I've donated in the past, and I'd be willing to do so again as a thanks for adding this capability.
Giorgio has added sponsored features to NoScript before. If he doesn't reply in this thread soon, you might consider sending him a PM about this.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
DrCR

Post by DrCR »

I doubt my contribution would be considered so significant as to be deemed a sponsorship, but I'd happily pay for a steak dinner.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

I temporary trusted a domain in NoScript for one container, I found that domain was undesirably temporary trusted in the other containers as well
Does it cause a Refresh in the other containers?
No.

(As it is, a long while back, I dabbled with containers, & believe I even have it... (so I could check myself...)...

Long ago, maybe it was a "study", I thought the container opened in a new Window.
Now, it looks to open in a new Tab.
(So they've "updated" it for the worse, in my book.))

Anyhow, I'll just say that I'm OK with the current behavior - so long as tabs don't automatically refresh.
As it is, I'm apt to check pricing at the same stores at different locations.
And in that respect, I'd want, in general, the same permissions set regardless of which container the site is opened in.

And in saying that, under different circumstances, I could foresee where I might want the opposite - different container having different permissions.

---

Since I just saw it happen... I'll note that uBlock Origin Legacy (don't know offhand about webextension version?) works like current NoScript.

(In SeaMonkey) opened a site into a Private Window. Opened it again, in a different Private Window.
In one of them, in uBlock, Ctrl+Click'd to disable that tab.
In the other Window, the changes were not reflected until the tab was manually refreshed.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.10