[RESOLVED] Noscript stopping Javascript from running

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Noscriptuser2

[RESOLVED] Noscript stopping Javascript from running

Post by Noscriptuser2 »

Since Saturday (think after update) Noscript blocks javascript ..I am not a techie but checked everything what i know of , before i deactivated Noscript and activated ... When i activate Noscript in Firefox Browser 88.0.1 (win10)it will not allow javascript to run ... even when i have all the options for that website on trust

I did try other browser where i do not have Noscript on and no problem ,i disable Noscript on Firefox No problem, i enable it refuse to let me run a javascript for I Trade

Since i do not want to disable /enable Noscript all the time i would like to know if there is a solution?.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:88.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0
barbaz

Re: Noscript stopping Javascript from running

Post by barbaz »

Can you please post the link to the website you're testing? How are you determining whether Javascript is enabled or not?

What does https://enable-javascript.com/ say about Javascript enabled state when you have it set to (Temp.) Trusted?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Noscriptuser2

Post by Noscriptuser2 »

I wish i can post the link but it is from my banking to I Trade... So can not post that.

Yes Java is enabled and allowed to run in browser all set correctly in the console of java (everything works good on other browsers without Noscript But prefer Firefox)
the jnlp file opening is set correctly in windows to open with the java (TM) Web launcher.

I tried it several times even with deleting java and re-istalling after ccleaner etc same with the add-on for Noscript in Firefox.. Java only runs when i disable Noscript then i get the download file for the java (flightdesk(from Itrade)) and it runs.. If i have Noscript enabled it will not pop up the java (flightdesk) jnlp file to download. ..

the java running on my laptop is the 1.8.0_291-b10 except for Firefox everything is latest version
Firefox is 88.0.1 all worked well till saturday

So as far i can see when Noscript is disabled/deleted everything works fine , when it is back installed or enabled it stops the jnlp file from java to execute ....
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Hi, could you please check the NoScript Options>Advanced>Debug setting, restart the browser, try to reproduce and check for any NoScript-related message either in the page console (ctrl+shift+K) or in the browser console (ctrl+shift+J)?

Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:89.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/89.0
Noscriptuser2

Post by Noscriptuser2 »

Good day this is the only diff when i have NoScript Enabled... when using the ctrl shift J

https://flightdesk.scotiaitrade.com/favicon.ico

[Exception... "Favicon at "https://flightdesk.scotiaitrade.com/favicon.ico" failed to load: Not Found." nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm :: onStopRequest :: line 253" data: no] FaviconLoader.jsm:253:22
onStopRequest resource:///modules/FaviconLoader.jsm:253
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

OK, nothing seems wrong in your console logs.
Notice that my bank's trading platform also uses a JPLN-launched Java app, and it works fine.
Could yo check whether using the "Disable all restrictions for this tab" button before launching it helps?
Noscriptuser2

Post by Noscriptuser2 »

I checked it with disabled restrictions on that tab.. and get exactly the same .

Somehow it it just stops the java app to launch when i have No-script enabled i did re-install No-script again just to make sure but stays the same
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

OK, another wild attempt: could you check, and possibly clear, any XSS customization from NoScript Options>Advanced.
Even better, could you please PM or email me your NoScript Options>Export file?
Noscriptuser2

Post by Noscriptuser2 »

I send you the export file by e-mail...

After that i as well tried the reset in No-script options then i run Ccleaner and registry in Ccleaner before i restarted FF 88.0.1

After trusting the webpage completely again i still have the same problem with the java file when No-script is enabled :( , the moment i disable No-script and refresh page the java jnlp file will download and works :?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

If Giorgio can't reproduce the problem with your export file:

Please create a clean profile from scratch. Install only NoScript latest development build, leaving all the defaults.
Does the problem still exist?
If not, what if you then import your NoScript settings into the clean profile using the Import and Export buttons in NoScript Options?
If that still doesn't reproduce the problem: back to your main profile, does disabling all extensions other than NoScript get it working? (Tools > Add-ons Manager)

Also, best never let CCleaner (or any other third-party software) clean anything Firefox. It has a long history of damaging Firefox profiles. I recommend disabling all Firefox-related cleaning in CCleaner and just letting Firefox clean itself, which it is quite capable of doing.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Noscriptuser2

Post by Noscriptuser2 »

Good day Barbaz,

I Made a total new profile installed the latest No-script left all default i had to set the webpage i am trying to get working with No-script after the update to trust otherwise it does not load.

Yes problem still exist, it is exactly the same moment No-script enabled the jnlp file will not download with No-script Disabled or not installed the file can be downloaded to save/open

The new Profile had nothing else installed then the latest No-script
Noscriptuser2

Post by Noscriptuser2 »

Do not know what has changed . this morning I have disabled No-script(cause it did not let me download the jnlp file) to download of the java jnlp file then i re-enabled No-script and clicked run on the java jnlp file hoping the trading platform would load and it did.. Shoot me but i have no idea what is diff from yesterday or just before i disabled No-script.. had no updates on my laptop did not update browser but it works again :D .

To make sure it was not a flux i shut down restarted and tried again and still working as it should :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So ty guys for fixing... and if was something else, then still thanks big time for the time you guys put in to find solution.