Good to have separate "Blocked" category from Default (also Blocked)

Bug reports and enhancement requests
ddoern

Good to have separate "Blocked" category from Default (also Blocked)

Post by ddoern »

I've been using NoScript for years, love it (and have donated).

The one frustration I have is that often when I come to a new site that has 10+ scripts it wants to run and I decide to see which ones are necessary for the site to operate properly and which are just tracking, ad-based, etc. Currently, I have no way to tell whether I've already researched certain of the scripting sites (and know I want to keep them blocked) or whether this is a new one that I should try unblocking to see the impact of not blocking it.

If there was another status (called "Block" or similar) I could tell if I have done research in the past and have changed its status from Default to Blocked. The effect would be the same (blocked scripts), *but* I wouldn't have to try temporarily approving that site (again) as a way to test its impact... I would know from its status = Blocked that I don't want to allow that site's scripts and could save time not having to retest.

Or... maybe allow users to change use different colors of the Default status flag as a way to indicate which sites I have researched.. or some other way to accomplish the same goal of preserving information about past sites that I've researched.

Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
barbaz

Re: Good to have separate "Blocked" category from Default (also Blocked)

Post by barbaz »

This is what Untrusted was originally designed for. Unfortunately NoScript Webext UI doesn't make full advantage of this. But it has been requested before - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25341
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
ddoern

Post by ddoern »

Thanks for quick and great reply! Because it has same icon I thought it was a duplicate (but didn't mouse over as I should have, so sorry!!

Now that I understand it is a separate status... it sounds like it would do exactly what I want, but you when you added "Unfortunately NoScript Webext UI doesn't make full advantage of this" that makes me think maybe there's a problem I'm not seeing on the surface and it won't 100% solve my problem?? Can you elaborate just a bit?
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

ddoern wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:52 pm when you added "Unfortunately NoScript Webext UI doesn't make full advantage of this" that makes me think maybe there's a problem I'm not seeing on the surface and it won't 100% solve my problem?? Can you elaborate just a bit?
See the thread I linked. It's requests what's missing from NoScript Webext UI to make full advantage of this.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-