[EnhReq] Open links to check site

Bug reports and enhancement requests
karger

Enhancement request: click to visit mysterious blocked site

Post by karger »

When noscript ndicates some blocked urls on a page because I haven't yet white- or black-listed them, my general practice is to visit the home page of the blocked link in order to find out what it is and whether I want to add it to the trusted or untrusted list. Right now, this means I have to manually open a new tab and type the domain name of the given site into the address bar. It would be great if a single click somewhere in the noscript popup did this for me.

Edit: Merged by Tom T. with similar request
Last edited by Tom T. on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
greggoodwin

[EnhReq] Open links to check site

Post by greggoodwin »

I often find myself opening a new tab and manually typing in an address that noscript is asking me about if I am not sure what it is. I try to only block marketing and advertising sites so I take the time to check so I don't disable a useful feature on the website. It would be incredible if you could have an option to open the site in a new tab from the noscript menu itself. Whether it be a new menu option under each address of a right click function maybe?

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: [EnhReq] Open links to check site

Post by Tom T. »

Opening the site itself might be dangerous, if it is a malicious site. Better to search for the site in Google, WOT, Site Advisor, or other services that try to help you make those decisions.

I apologize that this went unanswered for so long.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20