[Resolved] Navigating NoScript items using keyboard

Bug reports and enhancement requests
tigerjack

[Resolved] Navigating NoScript items using keyboard

Post by tigerjack »

The title says pretty much everything. At the moment, I'm able to invoke NoScript using Alt-Shift-n, but I can't navigate/<select the different options using the keyboard only.
Is there any chance to have this feature in a future release?

Also (don't know if it's a bug or a feature) after pressing Alt-Shift-n, selected an option and then Esc, the focus remains on the add-on bar, making it impossible to reuse the same shortcut to reopen NoScript or just continuing where I was on the page.

As always, grazie mille ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Navigating NoScript items using keyboard

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Will work on that, thanks.
tigerjack wrote: Also (don't know if it's a bug or a feature) after pressing Alt-Shift-n, selected an option and then Esc, the focus remains on the add-on bar, making it impossible to reuse the same shortcut to reopen NoScript or just continuing where I was on the page.
I cannot reproduce on Windows (the focus goes back where it was on the page, and I can reuse the shortcut right away).
Probably a Linux-specific WebExtensions BrowserAction bug. Could you check whether it's been already reported at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org and possibly file a report otherwise? Thank you!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
tigerjack

Post by tigerjack »

HI there. Is there any update on this?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
ml01931

Post by ml01931 »

I was going to open a thread about this, but found this one first. I hope this is helpful. :)
tigerjack wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:15 pm At the moment, I'm able to invoke NoScript using Alt-Shift-n, but I can't navigate/<select the different options using the keyboard only.
Is there any chance to have this feature in a future release?
On Windows, I can navigate between things using the keyboard. However, early on in the Quantum release, the outline for focused items was removed. So after invoking Alt-Shift-N, I am able to toggle which things are revoked, temporarily trusted, trusted, etc, but I can't actually tell where I am until I toggle something. If there are multiple domains and I'm trying to temporarily trust something like a CDN, I basically have to keep hitting tab then toggle because there are a few items I'm tabbing to between the first domain's controls and the next. And I can't tell what those items are because I have no visual indicator for what I'm focused on.
Giorgio Maone wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:13 pm Will work on that, thanks.
tigerjack wrote: Also (don't know if it's a bug or a feature) after pressing Alt-Shift-n, selected an option and then Esc, the focus remains on the add-on bar, making it impossible to reuse the same shortcut to reopen NoScript or just continuing where I was on the page.
I cannot reproduce on Windows (the focus goes back where it was on the page, and I can reuse the shortcut right away).
Probably a Linux-specific WebExtensions BrowserAction bug. Could you check whether it's been already reported at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org and possibly file a report otherwise? Thank you!
I also cannot reproduce this issue on Windows.

Edit 2020/08/18:
I know it's been fixed for a while now (I don't remember which version), but thank you for including focus/highlighting! I can tab around and use the keyboard knowing exactly which settings I'm changing now. (Also, the alt+shift+n shortcut is now a lot more useful for me with that update. :D )
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:79.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/79.0