[Firefox bug] 10.1.6.3 Release UI Fading

Bug reports and enhancement requests
That Random Guy

[Firefox bug] 10.1.6.3 Release UI Fading

Post by That Random Guy »

I'm running Firefox 57.0.4 (64-bit) on a Windows Pro machine.

The issue only started occurring this morning.

To describe the sequence of events:
I started the day normally, and Noscript was working fine. After a few uses, I started to notice the UI starting to appear odd when attempting to allow scripts. The two buttons that were normally at the rightmost side of the menu were visible but only half visible. My suspicion grew then. After browsing around some more, I eventually stopped seeing the buttons all together and it was almost as if the UI was being eaten by a white overlay. I couldn't access the temp allow button and revoke permission button anymore.

To give clarity as to what I'm describing:

As you might be able to tell, I have Noscript pinned within the overflow menu. I prefer not cluttering my navigation toolbar so I keep all extension buttons under there. Make no mistake, the cutoff in the above image is not my handling error. That is the entirety of the space taken up by the Noscript menu when accessed from the overflow menu. For whatever reason, it appears to be overlapped by some white content.

This weird phenomenon does NOT occur when the Noscript button is placed on the navigation toolbar. It only occurs when placed in the overflow menu and accessed from there (as far as I can tell).

I wanted to postpone writing this and checked to see if anyone else had been suffering from this as well.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: 10.1.6.3 Release UI Fading

Post by Giorgio Maone »

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1402845, not a NoScript bug, a Firefox bug fixed (hopefully) in 60.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0