"Revoke Temporary Permissions" button on Options page

Bug reports and enhancement requests
geek99

"Revoke Temporary Permissions" button on Options page

Post by geek99 »

NoScript v10.

Please put a "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button on the Options page.

I often find that after closing all browser tabs, I want to revoke temporary permissions (to "clean up" before I do any further browsing).

Currently, the only way to do that is to browse to any page, click the NoScript icon (in Firefox bookmarks bar), view the NoScript dropdown for the page I just opened,and click the "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button ... then close the tab.

It would be a lot easier if there was a "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button in the Options page.

Thanks.

PS ... I appreciate your work on NoScript. As a software developer myself, I know how frustrating it is to have the API you use be completely changed. Thank you for continuing to develop NoScript 10 (even while you are also supporting NoScript 5).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
geek99

Re: "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button on Options page

Post by geek99 »

Does anyone else (besides me) want to have a "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button on the Options page?

See my first post in this thread for more details.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

geek99 wrote:I often find that after closing all browser tabs, I want to revoke temporary permissions (to "clean up" before I do any further browsing).

Currently, the only way to do that is to browse to any page, click the NoScript icon (in Firefox bookmarks bar), view the NoScript dropdown for the page I just opened,and click the "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button ... then close the tab.

It would be a lot easier if there was a "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button in the Options page.
+1. Since Revoke Temporary Permissions is not site-specific, this limitation seems just needlessly awkward.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
FranL

Post by FranL »

geek99 wrote:Does anyone else (besides me) want to have a "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button on the Options page?
+1 from me too. Several times a week, I find myself in the the situation where I need to visit a page just to revoke temporary permissions.
bo elam

Post by bo elam »

I dont see the need for a Revoke Temporary Permissions button in Options. If we click Revoke Temporary Permissions in the NoScript menu, all temporary permissions are reversed. Even if we also had the setting in the Options page, I would still do t from the menu. Easier and faster (and same result).

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
FranL

Post by FranL »

bo elam wrote:If we click Revoke Temporary Permissions in the NoScript menu, all temporary permissions are reversed.
But that's impossible if all tabs are visiting about:... or AMO pages. The NoScript menu does not display. Clicking the toolbar icon opens the settings page.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
bo elam

Post by bo elam »

FranL wrote: But that's impossible if all tabs are visiting about:... or AMO pages.
If all tabs you are visiting are about:... or AMO pages, then theres nothing to revoke. Sure, if you browsed for a while and clicked Temporarily over and over and then you find yourself with only AMO pages open, then open a regular webpage so you ll be able to revoke, In my opinion, the Revoke temporary permissions is perfect were it is and makes sense being were it is as clicking it from the menu is the easiest and quickest way to get that function done.

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

bo elam wrote:In my opinion, the Revoke temporary permissions is perfect were it is and makes sense being were it is as clicking it from the menu is the easiest and quickest way to get that function done.

Bo
Bo, no one is suggesting removing Revoke Temporary Permissions from where it is now. This thread is requesting an additional Revoke Temporary Permissions button in NoScript Options, for use when the current Revoke Temporary Permissions button is not accessible.
-
geek99

RFE: Add "Revoke Temporary Permissions" to Options

Post by geek99 »

From what I can tell, the "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button (on the dropdown for any given site) is global ... regardless of which site one is browsing, clicking the "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button in the dropdown for that site will remove temporary permissions for ALL sites.

Given that, can a "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button be added to the NoScript Options page?

I am not suggesting that the existing "Revoke Temporary Options" button be deleted .... I am only asking for a "Revoke Temporary Options" button to be added to the Options page.

Another reason for my request: Often, I have closed all tabs, and I want to revoke all temporary permissions before continuing to browse additional sites. To do that, I have to open a site, and then click the NoScript icon to open the dropdown, and then click the "Revoke Temporary Permissions" button. I think it would be easier (and safer) to be able to revoke temp permissions from the Options page before continuing to browse any additional pages.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Threads merged. Please do not start duplicate threads, it is violation of Forum Rules.
-